O.k., this evening I started by cutting the internal spanning pieces that the boil kettle, HLT, and mash tun will sit on. Then I ground them all even:
Here's things kind of fit together as I was testing the dimensions:
Then the rest of the evening was spent with my neighbor who did all the welding. Thanks Thomas! He did the tough work and I just clanged things into place every now and then. Here's what we got done:
As for the control panel, I wasn't going to replicate the Savant. I bought an electrical box at my local big box home improvement store. I have two digital PIDs that I bought on eBay. And I have some switches and internal guts of the electronics. But I'm not sure that it will all fit in that electrical box, so we'll see.