Re: New Shows Not Showing up in iTunes?

Mon May 23, 2016 11:01 am

Hi code
Are we likely to see the Sunday Session archives back on iTunes, or should we look to another provider.
thebeer ishere

Tue May 24, 2016 3:55 pm

This isn't my decision - You'll have to ask Justin.
code
codewritinfool

Wed May 25, 2016 11:34 pm

It's not just iTunes, it is also Stitcher.

So presumably something on the back-end affecting the source files happened.
Ranger, BN Army - Danish Division
BIAB brewer
mer-man

Thu May 26, 2016 5:11 am

Following....
GloridazeBrewing

Thu May 26, 2016 6:26 am

mer-man wrote:It's not just iTunes, it is also Stitcher.

So presumably something on the back-end affecting the source files happened.

I told you all once - here it goes again:

The BN is limiting the size of its feed for technical reasons. The feed originates from The BN. Finding another "provider" is pointless, since the data comes from here, both the XML feed and the show content.

Justin has a plan to deal with this. Please give him time.
code
codewritinfool

Thu May 26, 2016 9:47 am

Justin doesn't appear to give a shit about the show. The app hasn't worked in weeks and the podcasts take weeks to load.. Good times while they lasted, but It's over Johnny.
NervousDad

Fri May 27, 2016 10:03 am

Hi Everyone!

Just thought I should jump on here, what with being accused of not caring and all (which by the way makes me just want to say fuck you NervousDad, but I won't do that. At least not officially).

I do apologize for the feed problems lately, but believe it or not, they have been somewhat out of my control. Here's some info:

1. The shows do not takes weeks to load. If that is happening to you, it's user error. The feed us kept up to date weekly and is currently up to date.
2. iTunes is actually the culprit for your missing archives. They decided they didn't like me giving you 11 years of shows in one feed, so they started fucking with it. The only fix I could make at this time was to remove old shows from the feed so that you can keep getting the new ones.
3. All the archives still live on the website and are free to download. I realize the website is not optimized for this, but I am working on that.
4. There is a chance you will never get all 11 years of shows in the feed again if I can't sort out this iTunes issue, but again, the current ones are there. This is a very standard format for podcasts that have been around awhile by the way.
5. Thank you for your time.

Cheers!
J
Life is too short to listen to crappy radio. - BrewBum 2007

Suck it Schuman
Brewcaster J

Tue May 31, 2016 4:52 pm

The show has lots of value as entertainment and education. But the BN has gone through a lot of changes and with that I would assume there are infrastructure and growth challenges. And the other thing is its an all volunteer crew. I applaud their hard work.
OddballBrewer

PreviousNext

Return to The Sunday Session