Re: fucking feelings again. sorry.

Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:29 pm

Oh, sorry. Let's get back on track:

JP :asshat: makes douchy comments, doesn't he.
Junket -- BN Guerilla

Scotties
CAP
Hummers
Cascadian Beet Ale
Gratzer
Fermenting
Canadian Trippel
Chipotle Amber
Tasty APA
Junket

Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:29 pm

i thought it was strange thing for someone who is employed in the industry to say
sinkas

Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:10 am

straight cash homey wrote:99.9% of the time I agree with JP

Well, there's your problem right there.

Do you wish you could brew more like Justin, too?

Get the help you need, my friend. We're here to support you.
Corporal, BN Army, Southeastern PA Division
Vice President--Stoney Creek Homebrewers
TheTodd

Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:24 pm

Well you may not agree with JP, but JP wouldn't be JP if he didn't belligerently and ruthlessly attack people and things without so much as a second thought.

I completely agree with JP though. That video was horrible. I would would not want anyone that I knew to watch that nonsense. Homebrewing is already something that most people would think is crazy and hard as hell to explain to friends and family. The last damn thing that we need is a silly little video set to inspirational music. If you are really trying to get the hobby out there, you need something with a little more finesse. That video has all the finesse of a prison shower grab-fest (the shampoo that is), rather than the aforementioned kind of finesse (grace).

Yellow
yellowthere

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:21 pm

Like my momma used to say "If you don't stop picking that sore it'll never heal." Damn herpes.
BrewTa2
Global Moderator

Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:54 am

I thought this post over at NB was funny enough to repeat.

http://forum.northernbrewer.com/viewtop ... 14&t=76975

When I first saw the video, I thought it was pretty cool. But seeing the original, I do have do knock it down a bit. It was a complete copy. It should have been more original, like a homebrewer.

For example:

I don't pay more than five dollars for parts. I am a homebrewer!
My hydrometer sees more wet action than I do. I am a homebrewer!
I drunk dial The BN. I am a homebrewer!
I am too lazy to filter. I am a homebrewer!

It needed more comedy.
Nyakavt

Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:15 pm

SCH,

When I said that "it's just beer", I was trying to make a point that we are not saving the world. We are not fighting crime, nor are we curing cancer/HIV/Down Syndrome/ SIDS etc. We make beer.

You said (or someone did) that my statement was a strange thing to say because I am in the industry. Part of the reason I AM in this industry is because most brewers (commercial or otherwise) do not take themselves too seriously. Brewers are some of the most laid back and friendly people I know (again, commercial or otherwise), and I don't think that putting out a statement - be it that homebrewer video or some celebrity doing a commercial for Save the Rainforests - that tries to make you something you are not is ever a good thing. Those guys were trying to putt a lot of weight on the fact that they make beer. Why?

That video was worse than what I left in the bowl this morning. I said it before, and I'd say it again if I had to. But WHY I said it, I think, is more important. I said it because those guys in that video were well-meaning and their hearts were in the right place, but they were putting too much social value on the fact that they make beer. Part-Time. At home. Now, this should not de-value the hobby at all. I love homebrewing. If I didn't, I would not work where I do, be taking the BJCP test, hosting competitions, nor would I give up my Sunday nights for free (ahem) to be on the BN.

The point is this: It is JUST BEER! Remember when some guy said "relax, don't worry, have a homebrew"? Essentially he is saying "It's just beer, don't get all charged up."
Last edited by JP on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kick Rocks,
MajorJipp
JP
Global Moderator

Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:17 pm

Sent From My iPhone

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Radio