Re: 2014 BN Booth at Club night. Call for Volunteers!

Mon May 05, 2014 8:48 am

Whitebeard_Brewer wrote:
TheDarkSide wrote:
TheDarkSide wrote:So did Tasty let it slip on the Session last night that the 2015 NHC is going to be back in California? During the segment when they were talking to Gary Glass.

So I guess he did. NHC 2015 in San Diego!

Yup, was in Nashville last weekend with Gary, I asked him and he confirmed, San Deigo it is....IF they get the laws changed.....guess there was a bill last year that will now prevent NHC in Cali until this new bill passes.

Oh, and he was in Nashville scouting out a location for a future NHC.

Having NHC in San Diego next year would be a great driver for changing the law, as that will generate quite a bit of revenue for the state.
CRBrewHound

Mon May 05, 2014 10:24 am

neckbeardbeer wrote:Anyone register us for a spot? Can we get enough beer (I can commit two kegs)? If so am I building a ghetto fake jockey box (tap handles on a board)?

Things aren't looking so hot.

I can commit a keg or two. Coming from Illinois.
On tap:
Secondary: Experimental IPA
Primary: IIPA, (Half of which is being poured at a beerfest!)
bustdbrewing

Wed May 07, 2014 9:14 am

bustdbrewing wrote:
neckbeardbeer wrote:Anyone register us for a spot? Can we get enough beer (I can commit two kegs)? If so am I building a ghetto fake jockey box (tap handles on a board)?

Things aren't looking so hot.

I can commit a keg or two. Coming from Illinois.

Hey All,

This just gets us to like 4ish kegs. That's really not gonna cut it. I'll build a fake box if we can get some more people committing kegs. Otherwise we might not want to bother but that's really super lame. We had I believe 26 kegs last year. I'd say 10 is the minimum to make it worthwhile.
Sergeant, East Cost
neckbeardbeer

Wed May 07, 2014 2:24 pm

Whitebeard_Brewer wrote:
TheDarkSide wrote:
TheDarkSide wrote:So did Tasty let it slip on the Session last night that the 2015 NHC is going to be back in California? During the segment when they were talking to Gary Glass.

So I guess he did. NHC 2015 in San Diego!

Yup, was in Nashville last weekend with Gary, I asked him and he confirmed, San Deigo it is....IF they get the laws changed.....guess there was a bill last year that will now prevent NHC in Cali until this new bill passes.

Oh, and he was in Nashville scouting out a location for a future NHC.

Nashville is drivable from here. Hm.........
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Thu May 08, 2014 12:38 pm

So I was looking on the AHA Conference site and noticed that the sign up for Club Night is closed. so if no one signed us up for a spot, I'm thinking the BNArmy booth is a no go. Unless...

We arrange with the BN crew to serve at their booth (or just off to the side). Neckbeardbeer also had a suggestion of getting a cart and pushing kegs around and filling glasses. I thought we should all get unicorns masks like Matt, but those suckers are like $30 each :shock:

So what does everyone say...do we try to arrange something or just drink ourselves silly at everyone else's booths?
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Fri May 09, 2014 6:15 am

TheDarkSide wrote:So I was looking on the AHA Conference site and noticed that the sign up for Club Night is closed. so if no one signed us up for a spot, I'm thinking the BNArmy booth is a no go. Unless...

We arrange with the BN crew to serve at their booth (or just off to the side). Neckbeardbeer also had a suggestion of getting a cart and pushing kegs around and filling glasses. I thought we should all get unicorns masks like Matt, but those suckers are like $30 each :shock:

So what does everyone say...do we try to arrange something or just drink ourselves silly at everyone else's booths?

I'm happy to drink other people's booze. The hilarity that will ensue if we happen to win club of the year (some other clubs have a very solid showing in the second round) and don't have a booth will be wonderful.
Sergeant, East Cost
neckbeardbeer

Previous

Return to Beer Events