Goose Island Sophie and lactobacillus?

Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Anyone know if this beer has lactobacillus in it?
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Re: Goose Island Sophie and lactobacillus?

Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:48 pm

I haven't had Sophie in awhile, but lacto is usually only a taste of sour and does not produce a lot of sourness in the nose. Let me know what you think?
beer. simply, beer.
ipaisay

Re: Goose Island Sophie and lactobacillus?

Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:41 am

Just had one last night, and thought it was a nice saison. Not as bretty as I thought it would be even though the beer has Brett B. in it. On the BBB, one of the brewer's from Goose Island posted and said that they did not believe there was any lacto in it, but then again they were aging the beer in barrels so there very well could be. He also said that next time they emptied the barrels he was planning on plating some out to see what microbes they were really dealing with. He also mentioned that they have been aging some Sofie with Brett L. and cherries to be released soon. Probably a smaller batch which won't go far from the brewery.
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Return to Beer Reviews