Re: Clarity of Janets Brown?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:28 am

MNHazmat wrote:Tasty are you using the same water profile that you use for the pale ale on JBA?

Yes.
yep, yep, yep, yep

Next up:
JBA Light
Fermenting:
nada
Serving:
Rauchbier (ugh!)
TastyMcD

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:29 pm

So reporting back on the filtering results...

Pulled a sample from the uncarbonated keg thats been in cold storage for the last week. Then set up the plate filter and ran a couple of glasses full before I connected the output to the secondary keg. I found that the beer that had been run through the filter didn't hold a candle to the base sample. Both the hop and malt both seemed muted and the beer overall just wasn't as good. In the end I stopped the filter after the 1/2 gallon and put the keg back in the fridge. The filter will be going back to its spot in the closet for the foreseeable future!
MNHazmat

Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:14 am

MNHazmat wrote:So reporting back on the filtering results...

Pulled a sample from the uncarbonated keg thats been in cold storage for the last week. Then set up the plate filter and ran a couple of glasses full before I connected the output to the secondary keg. I found that the beer that had been run through the filter didn't hold a candle to the base sample. Both the hop and malt both seemed muted and the beer overall just wasn't as good. In the end I stopped the filter after the 1/2 gallon and put the keg back in the fridge. The filter will be going back to its spot in the closet for the foreseeable future!

It can hang out with my filter. That's right where mine ended up after the first or second use. Luckily mine's a cartridge filter, not plate, so it may just have a future in carbon filtering the water or getting modified into a Randall.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Favorite Beer Recipes & Styles