Looking for Hop Bomb Recipie heavy on Citra

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:35 am

Any one have a good hop bomb recipe thats heavy on Citra? I have a pound of it, and it's not a hop I've used before. My hop stockpile is getting low, but i have the below in the freezer.

#1 Citra
9oz chinook (5 of which are homegrown unknow alpha)
10oz Simcoe
10oz Mt. Hodd
#1 willamette
Bad Goat Brewing

Re: Looking for Hop Bomb Recipie heavy on Citra

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:39 am

SHMBO is a HUGE hop head. She almost needs to be chewing on a hop cone to call it a good beer. My Summer IPA tap just blew and only have a blonde and apple wine on tap.. So if i could brew a beer without having to order more ingrediants that would be prefered. I have a pretty good stock of base and specialty malts.
Bad Goat Brewing

Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:29 pm

For the time being, dry hop your blonde with an oz each of Citra and Chinook. You'll love it.

Then, Take any good IPA recipe and use Citra and Chinook pretty much oz for oz late in conjunction with C-hops (or Amarillo). You'll be fine.

Here's an old recipe of mine you can fuck with to your heart's content:
http://www.brewtility.com/ViewRecipe.aspx?RecipeID=50

Instead of a 3:1 ratio, use a 1:1 ratio.
Be sure to calculate total ibu's will be based on your yops and adjust the early addition to hit your target (65-79 ibu's) For your homegrown Chinooks, I'd use 12%AA as a guesstimate.

HTH-
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:27 pm

BDawg wrote:For the time being, dry hop your blonde with an oz each of Citra and Chinook. You'll love it.

Bdawg, you just might be a genius.
Bad Goat Brewing

Return to Favorite Beer Recipes & Styles