Fermentation will not start.

Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:20 am

I did a huge 1 gallon starter for a 10 gallon batch of 1.065 wort. The starter was screaming. I pitched it at 75 degrees and nothing has happend. It has been almost 24 hours. It has been holding 68 degrees.

The starter did bubble over out of a blowoff hose and there was some yeast in the water that the tube was resting in. Did all my yeast end up in there instead of my wort? I really do not think so. But maybe?

Should I repitch some fresh yeast today? I have never had such a slow start in my tenure as a homebrewer. HELP!

Carlo
hopbumpingbrewer

Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:01 am

relax. The yeast was pretty much all throughout your starter. You might have alost a small qty, but dont worry. It will start. Some times it takes a bit for stuff to kick off.

Sean
Three out of four people make up 75% of the worlds population.

Sean's Brewery & House of Ill Repute
seanhagerty

Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:35 am

Thanks Sean. I will try to relax, I just don't want to blow 10 gallons of a hopefully good i.p.a.

Carlo
hopbumpingbrewer

Return to Brewing Ingredients