Anyone seen PurePitch at your LHBS yet?

Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:31 pm

I've been hanging on to two free yeast coupons that can only be used for the new White Labs packaging for six months now, but my local homebrew shop doesn't carry it yet. Anyone actually seen it for sale?
leaky_porch

Re: Anyone seen PurePitch at your LHBS yet?

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:18 am

Yeah I recently got an order for wlp001 from morebeer and it was still vile, I was kind of surprised, it wasn't old yeast, would of thought they would have gone through the supply by now?
Stinkfist

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:54 am

I picked up some 002 (best by May '15) from my LHBS in southern California and it was still in a vial.
RonSwanson

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:56 am

I've got a friend who works at White Labs and I keep asking him. As far as I know, they're doing them for larger breweries currently, but not on the home brew scale yet. The first ones should be WLP001 and one of their more popular lager yeasts (but I heard lager yeasts are the biggest pain for this new packaging), so I think once they perfect that, we'll start seeing them hit shelves.
Beerd Man

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:56 am

according to their site just the commercial brewers have it. We'll get it in March.

*** As of ;late January, many more strains have been released as PurePitch for the brewing community, including most recently WLP002 English Ale Yeast, WLP300 Hefeweizen Ale Yeast, WLP500 Monastery Ale Yeast, and the previous releases of WLP001 California Ale Yeast, WLP029 German Ale/Kolsch Yeast, and WLP830 German Lager Yeast. The release of homebrew versions is targeted for March 2015.
NervousDad

Return to Brewing Ingredients