New White Labs Package

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:45 pm

I was pretty excited to hear WL is changing to different package. I think the bag style is way better than the vial. It warms up faster, and it is easier sanitize. Now if they would just put the production date on the package instead of the best by date....

PS. I just tasted a fresh WLP090 IPA. I think I'm in love with that yeast.
Bad Goat Brewing

Re: New White Labs Package

Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:19 pm

I've been a Wyeast guy since I've started brewing. Would you say the WL packages are better than the Wyeast? Or is it a matter of preference?
BrandenBA
Corporal in the Beer Army
http://www.thebeerdetective.wordpress.com
Bend, Oregon
Cascadia, Earth
BrandenBA

Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:46 pm

BrandenBA wrote:I've been a Wyeast guy since I've started brewing. Would you say the WL packages are better than the Wyeast? Or is it a matter of preference?

It's just preference. They both make a great product, and I mostly use Wyeast. Largely because its the only thing sold in the Eugene area, and because Wyeast is an Oregon company. White Labs does have a few strains the wyeast doesn't. One being WLP090. I really like that strain
Bad Goat Brewing

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:34 am

Bad Goat Brewing wrote:
BrandenBA wrote:I've been a Wyeast guy since I've started brewing. Would you say the WL packages are better than the Wyeast? Or is it a matter of preference?

It's just preference. They both make a great product, and I mostly use Wyeast. Largely because its the only thing sold in the Eugene area, and because Wyeast is an Oregon company. White Labs does have a few strains the wyeast doesn't. One being WLP090. I really like that strain

Funny that down here in San Diego most of the brew shops are almost all exclusively White Labs. Not sure if it's just the brewers preference, or if the shops choose to do that. I can only find the most common Wyeast strains and even then they've been on the shelves for a while.

I do have a friend who works at White Labs and I was talking to some employees about their new packaging a few weeks ago and they all seem pretty excited about it. Apparently there's some way it will vent carbon dioxide so it doesn't explode in your face when you open it up.
Beerd Man

Return to Brewing Ingredients