Re: Zythos hops

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:54 pm

The key is to keep the malt bill simple and the Zythos will shine. I've tried it in an IPA with some higher Crystal malts and I didn't like what I was tasting. Later hop additions help the hop aroma pop in yo face!
RiggsSpiltMyDrank

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:54 pm

Ozwald wrote:
duckmanco wrote:but excellent in Kris Englands Crotch

:lol: How could they not be? :lol:

You d*ck... I nearly thought autocorrect really got me that time. Well played. Now back to the regularly scheduled posts about Zythos... But that Summer Bitter was awesome.
duckmanco

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:54 am

duckmanco wrote:
Ozwald wrote:
duckmanco wrote:but excellent in Kris Englands Crotch

:lol: How could they not be? :lol:

You d*ck... I nearly thought autocorrect really got me that time. Well played. Now back to the regularly scheduled posts about Zythos... But that Summer Bitter was awesome.

:lol: If that's what your autocorrect defaults too, you've got bigger issues than anything on these boards. :D

I heard AdamK just got some Zythos not too long ago. Just waiting til he goes to work...
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:56 am

I looked at the three blends from hop union but I don't have a real sense of the character of each. It sounds like zythos has a lot of sorachi ace character. How about 7 c and falconers flight? I assume 7c would be grapefruit. Is there much pine?
Willys

Previous

Return to Brewing Ingredients