Bottling with honey

Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:57 am

I have about 4.5 gallons of a 100% brett b trois fermented barleywine that I want to carbonate and bottle with honey. Does anybody have an idea how much honey I would need for this?
bertusbrew

Re: Bottling with honey

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:28 am

This will calculate for you... but you're not really going to get any honey flavor from it since it will be consumed.

Based on 4.5 gallons carbonated to 2.2 volumes @ 70f it would require 4.08 oz of honey.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/priming-sugar-calculator/

If you have beer smith you can also change the carbonation type to honey and it will give you the amount required to reach the desired volume.

Edit: Beersmith has it @ 3.23 oz of honey.
NervousDad

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:02 am

^^ weight not volume. There are tons of free priming calcs out there, just Google it. Most software has the option built in as well.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:25 am

The Session with Jason Yester from Trinity has some info on bottling with honey if you haven't listened to it.
Next:
Fermenting: Cider, Azacca Oat Pils, Egregious-ish, Lambic, Carrot Blossom Cedar Mead, Brett Helles
Drinking: RIS, Doppelbock, Sauerkraut Gose, Lambic, Brett Blonde, Kriek, Saison, Rye Berliner
Barrel aged: RIS, Rye Barleywine, Tripel
dstar26t

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing