Re: perlick 425ss

Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:20 pm

The first thing I do when I get a new Perlick is to completely disassemble it, run a brush through it, add a touch of lube to the rings & carefully assemble it correctly. I've had 2 show up not assembled to the level that I do. Put that cap and handle on snug & even a drunk wife can't fuck them up. The biggest culprit is trying to turn the tap handle. If they're not facing the way you want them, put them on snug, make a pencil mark on the post where it should be the front, disassemble, put the post in with the pencil mark facing forward & reassemble carefully. I love my 525's & would give up Spidey's firstborn before I gave up a single one of them. I hear people complain about them, but I've never saw an instance where it was a problem with the tap itself, only with a lack of careful assembly. Sometimes the user, sometimes the factory peon.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:49 pm

Truthfully, I love them too. I have run MANY gallons through them and this is the first mishap unlike the stupid generic one that sits in a box. Clearly a fluke. Love just hurts sometimes. Could have been worse. I had already bottled most of one keg and lost alot less than a couple twotree gallons from the other. Also, my fridge is an upright commercial fridge, not one drop on the floor.

Edit: I must sincerely apologize to the great folks at Perlick. What I wrote was out of a sense of loss of my favorite Homebrew. Perlick faucets are awesome.
If anyone from Perlick monitors the BN forum, OZ is sooo right- 100%sure it was the user . I am sorry; I will drink to forget this happened.
(They caught up to me on Twitter after I tweeted I want to kick them in the nuts)
Effingbeer

Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:23 pm

so i finally found a 425ss at farmhouse brewing supply! $50 shipped priority mail was not too shabby, since they ran about $40 a pop back in 2008 when i got my first 3.
MoRdAnTlY [Mr. Wolf '91 - '12]

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, olny the frist and lsat ltteers need be at the rghit pclae. Tihs is becsuae the hamun mnid deos not raed evrey lteter by iteslf, but the wrod as a whloe.
mordantly

Previous

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing