Boilermaker G2 and Ss Brewing InfuSsion Mash Tun

Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:44 pm

Just invested some new equipment and was wondering if anyone had any experience using either of these?
"I encompass, and I eclipse..."
J.Brew

Re: Boilermaker G2 and Ss Brewing InfuSsion Mash Tun

Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:57 pm

I am considering the SS Insulated mash tun. My heat loss is too much right now and would like to not have to run the HEMS system. Do not like tall mash tuns. Prefer a shallow large area tun. Reduce stuck sparges.
Conical Fermenter - Amber Lager
Keg#1 Dunkel
Keg#2 Helles
Keg#3 Flanders Red
Keg#4 Star San
Keg#5 Star San
Keg#6 Star San
Kbar

Re: Boilermaker G2 and Ss Brewing InfuSsion Mash Tun

Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:15 am

I used it this weekend for the first time with a mash that was 54% wheat malt with out any issues. It seemed to only lose about a degree over the course of an hour mash although the digital thermometer needs calibration. Not sure how to do that. :? I checked with a thermometer I know is calibrated and it was about 6 degrees warmer than the readout on the tun. I also have to learn how to use the manometer better. I just went by feel with no issues but it read that I was running off a bit to quickly. Nailed my numbers so it altogether it went well. It was a dream to clean.
"I encompass, and I eclipse..."
J.Brew

Return to Brewing Equipment