Re: Oxygenation rates/equipment

Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:36 am

Kbar wrote:
TheDarkSide wrote:The aeration system I got (from Northern Brewer I think ) had a Whisper 10 aquarium pump. Looking back now, it was a waste of money for me since I got an aeration wand from Williams Brewing and use the red O2 tanks that BDawg mentioned. But if O2 is really expensive, I guess it wouldn't be worth it.

Just a note: the red O2 can I got at Home Depot is still going strong after 15 batches. I generally only run it about 1.5-2 minutes at the most.

I should probably start a new thread, but how in the world are you getting 15 batches out of one bottle?? I run one minute and get 3 batches, same wand and regulator from Williams.

Not to take things off in too different a direction but the oxygenation setups used to come standard with a piece of flexible tubing instead of the rigid wand that seems to be more common now. I know you can get the older kind still. I easily modified my oxygenator to include a length of copper tubing in between the filter and the stone and it makes a world of difference. Just a thought if anyone still has the older sort.
DrWill

Previous

Return to Brewing Equipment