Wort chiller

Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:55 am

Some where I saw a whirl pool setup with a inmerson chiller. I think was by Jamil Zainasheff. But I can't seem to find it. Any link or picture would sure appreciated.
greyghost

Re: Wort chiller

Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:21 pm

Here's the link to the whirlpool add-on on morebeer:
http://morebeer.com/products/wort-chiller-recirculation-package-option.html

Click on the documents tab and it will have instructions with pictures. If you don't already have an immersion chiller, you can buy on that has this option already installed.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:25 pm

Thank You. Just what I was looking for. :jnj
greyghost

Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi! i just get into brewing and looking for a chiller. any links or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks :)
Anne

Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:36 am

Anne wrote:Hi! i just get into brewing and looking for a chiller. any links or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks :)

It's not the easiest or cheapest, but I'm a big fan of my plate chiller. I use a strainer inline to keep it clean. It can chill my wort down laggering temps in one pass.

http://www.dudadiesel.com/heat_exchangers.php
Bad Goat Brewing

Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:02 pm

Just wondering if anyone has a comparison to adding Jamil's whirlpool against using a coil chiller with a pump recirculated through icewater. I mean extreme ambient temps aside are we talking about less than ten minutes to pitch temp with the whirlpool because I get down in about 20 or less with the ice water running through. Of course you have remember to have ice and a lot of it.
BTW first post WTF with the unicorn smilie thing to the left? Feel free to ignore this question.
Redtown

Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:04 pm

10 min to pitch temp is pretty quick. What temp are we talking?

I use the whirlpool/immersion chiller, and it usually takes me about 20 min to get a few degrees below pitch temp (a slow runoff will add a few degrees in GA heat.) I normally wait until I'm below 100, before recircing ice water.

The other advantage to the whirlpool chill is the consolidation of break material in the center of the kettle, resulting in less trub in the fermenter.

:unicornrainbow:
dogismycopilot

Return to Brewing Equipment