Another propane regulator question.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:00 pm

I am updating the gas lines on my 3 tier stand. I am currently using two standard outdoor burners.One with a 10 psi and one with a 5 psi. I read alot of these forum posts suggesting a bayou classic 0 - 30 psi regulator.

Ok, so here is where I get lost. Do i get rid of the splitter I use for the two regulators and get one of these? In the brewstand pics, it looks like they control the gas pressure with a small ball lock. Is that the case? If so, please can someone explain to me what you do to run two burners, and please describe parts from point a to point b. Thanks for your help.
Joe Leucht

BN ARMY
Fat Guy Brew

Re: Another propane regulator question.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:15 pm

I think your regulator should be good, and yes, while you can't get super fine control out of a ball valve (though mine do pretty well), I think it's fairly standard practice to operate burners off a ball valve.

I actually just finished putting together a stand about 30 minutes ago, so I hope this pic helps make sense of what you need to do...

Cheers!
Get 30 extra gravity points by pressing - up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start - during the mash.
BeerRun13

Return to Brewing Sculptures