Re: Take this, Mylo...

Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:22 pm

Looks good brotha! Looks better than my folding table and folding chair gravity system.
Primary: Nada Damn Thing IPA
Secondary: ESB
Kegged: Jack Schittenweiss
BigNastyBrew

Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:48 am

Brew Engineer wrote:Not quite, but thanks for the support!

I just wish an all grain brewer lived nearby. My first two batches have gone well, but there are so many little questions that come up during the session.

I feel like I'm brewing on an island around here...

Don't you have a club nearby? The AHA site lists 32 clubs in NY. I realize that it is a big state and I don't know where many of those cities are, but there should be one that is a reasonable distance from you. If not, start one up in your area. I felt the same way that you do for the first 3 years of brewing until I finally got fed up and started a club here earlier this year. I had only met one other homebrewer before this, but it turns out that there are at least 30 in the area based on our membership. I've learned a lot, tasted some eye opening beers that I may not have tried otherwise, and even taught a few people a thing or two. Basically, I'm a much happier and better brewer now that I am a member of a club.
BayouBrew

Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:42 am

Upgrade time!!! I got a March pump, and its moutned to my kickass (better than Mylo's) frame. No more picking up scalding hot water. Now I can sit back and relax!!!

I'll let you know how it works after my first brew with it...

Oh, and those are the polysulphone quick connects I got for FREE as samples from the local CPC sales guy.
Capt. Pushy, BN Army Corps of Engineers
(not to be confused with Push E.)

Building a Better World Through Beer
Brew Engineer

Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:45 pm

I see you captalized on the MoreBeer deal, eh? Very nice. FWIW, I would screw down that burner setup. Bolt the legs down to the wood, and then make sure the wood is secured to the stand. 12 gallons of hot wort could seriously fuck somebody up if they bumped into that...

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:02 pm

Awww c'mon Mylo, you know your just jealous over BE's clearly superior brew stand. F-safety, its overrated.

Seriously, BE, I think Mylo is right. Bolt that fucker down.
"I feel sorry for those who don't drink because when they get up in the morning that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
— Frank Sinatra
Lars

Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:48 am

Thanks guys, it's actually quite stable. I do have the wooden platform screwed down to the shelf underneath, so the shelf isn't moving.

I'll look at securing the burner, but it's been secure for the first three brews.

Mylo is just jealous!!! (Yeah right)

:)
Capt. Pushy, BN Army Corps of Engineers
(not to be confused with Push E.)

Building a Better World Through Beer
Brew Engineer

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:53 pm

trade?

cool man, brew strong!
On tap at the LAB.

Winter Warmer - 5.4%