Re: Your Dream System

Thu May 07, 2009 8:15 am

tavish2 wrote:
Bellmer wrote:Ideally....meaning money is no object....I'd have my own professional brewery. And I would live there. Just sayin'.

uhhhh.... a brewery has to be clean.... not gonna happen with you living there going for a swim in the bright tanks with your :nutters: on.....

just sayin....

Extra hops keep it sanitary.

What?
"Beer; so much more than a breakfast drink." -Homer

Bottled:
Aging: Flanders Red
On Deck: Jeez I need to brew...
Bellmer

Thu May 07, 2009 8:20 am

Not sure what that is, but no. The software is actually in the firmware of the PLC I am using, the ECC 460.

Michael

tavish2 wrote:
Datamike wrote:
Hammer wrote:Looks good datamike. but where is the cup holder? :D

I know! I thought about that after I had finished it. Gives me something to plan for later.

Michael

Michael, i love the system. your software looks really familiar. Did you just do a presentation for GEBL a while back?
Datamike

Thu May 07, 2009 8:21 am

Better and cheaper? :lol: Have at it! And show us your progress. My beam doesn't leak and the jet burners work fine.

Michael

aleguy wrote:
Oktober wrote:

That's F*cking Awesome.

-Okt

That looks just like a Brutus 10 to me. Nice, but I think I can do better and a whole lot cheaper. A friend of mine has been trying to weld up a gas beam like that and running into all sorts of trouble with gas leaks. Another friend uses jet burners and can't get the jets to seat properly, so they burn yellow and soot the hell up the bottoms of his kettles. I'll take what works over eye candy any day.
Datamike

Thu May 07, 2009 8:24 am

Datamike wrote:Not sure what that is, but no. The software is actually in the firmware of the PLC I am using, the ECC 460.

Michael

tavish2 wrote:

Michael, i love the system. your software looks really familiar. Did you just do a presentation for GEBL a while back?

GEBL is a club in WA
Cheers!
Tavish
---------------------------------------------
An empty kegerator is a crime against humanity. -Dirk McLargeHuge
Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer. - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Where the fuck is the BACON???????? - Bdawg
tavish2

Mon May 18, 2009 5:56 am

Ahh OK! Definitely wasn't me. I am in a far NW burb of Chicago.

Michael
Datamike

Mon May 18, 2009 9:03 am

Alright, it took longer than the 2 weeks promised...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14714

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:29 pm

BigNastyBrew wrote:Honestly, I have been looking at the HERMS system that a guy on the HBT put together with 2 coolers, electric heating element in the HLT, and a keggle.

I do not want to direct fire mash. I don't trust it.

I thought that direct firing of the mash would be bad too, due to the burning and over-carmelization of the wort. However, I built a RIMS system (based loosely on the Brew Magic system). The beauty of RIMS is that you can direct fire the mash tun because you're constantly recirculating wort through the grain bed. Wort is pulled out the bottom of the mash tun and continuously pumped back to the top. Wort is never burned, and you can totally control mash temp
portlandhophead

Previous

Return to Brewing Sculptures