Sat May 20, 2006 5:06 pm

You know it's funny... I am still trying to replicate that one beer I made years ago when I had my sparge bucket hanging from the eve of the house, sparging into a dubble bucket with holes punched in it for a mash, and one little kettle on cement blocks...

But this one sho is shiny! :D
colplink

Sun May 21, 2006 3:01 am

DrunkenPanther wrote:Here is mine and the burners I added:

Wow, great lookin burners and the brewery is to bad either! Oh but that hair! Dude, your sisters gonna be pissed if you get beer on her new wig.
Steve
Steve

Mon May 22, 2006 5:50 am

BrotherhoodBrew wrote:
bub wrote:Here is the Ultra Ghetto brewery...
I call it the variable tier brew sculpture...
Took them today during a brew session. One with many errors (hense the puddle) This is my first all grain batch in about 3 years. Have been doing extract cause I traded my mash vessel (a cooler) for an unfinished keg. Since I am a lazy ass I just got the keg turned into a reasonable mash vessel.

HLT is on the pulleys
Mash is on the workbench
Kettle is on the burner
And at the bottom is my JSP Maltmill and it's Black and Decker "motor"
I use the crawler to move the full carboys
BUB (Boob)

Wow I'm amazed.... that is the first time I've seen a setup like that. At least its unique:D

Ok, I guess I gotta show my stuff. Check out my Link;
http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e264/BrewinSteve/
Steve

Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:41 pm

Some pictures of the brand new (well only used twice) teeny tiny plastic fantastic, I am a cheap bastard, Thirsty Boy Brewery Its a HERMS designed to fit on my balcony and brew 10-12 litre batches. I want small batches for reason which I have explained in another thread and for which Bub now hates me :D

Heres the whole thing ready to go.

In action. That isn't me in the picture, its my big mate and brewing assistant Chewbacca. (he must never discover that I called him my assistant)

I chill through the HERMS coil after filling the HLT with ice water, the same way the Colplink does in his Therminator (thanks for the idea Colplink)

Fermenting in a water bath with aquarium heater. The pump for the brewery serves double purpose circulating the water around the eski to keep the temp even (its actually a submersible aquarium pump)

When its all finished and ready to bottle. Half goes into Grolsch Bottles and the rest goes into my homemade 5-6 litre Keg for force carbonation

Thence it goes into my Beer Fridge which was a present from my 75 year old Father in Law who won it for drinking a truly scary quantity of VB down at the local RSL club.

I love this fridge as it doesn't take up too much room and the keg fits in nicely.

Well. There it is. It was built on a combination of stuff learned off the net, Mostly here and on Graham Sander's Ozbrewer site; and Guesswork.

I'd love some feedback about things I might be able to improve, or things that you spot that you think might come to bite me in the future. Still tinkering madly with the whole thing at this stage, but I think that that stage might last for ever... with any luck.

Thanks Guys

Dan
Thirsty Boy

Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:29 pm

Not the prettiest rig but it works. Slapped together out of scrap lumber. However, the casters allow me to wheel it out of the way so SWMBO can pull the car into the garage.

Mike in SoCal
Brewmaster
Brothers Backyard Brewing - West
----------------------------------------
Homebrewguy

Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:56 am

Here it is. Nothing spectacular but it gets the job done. I still need to plumb the gas lines as soon as I get a chance. It has seen five batches since it has been built, and has worked great so far.

Prost,
Northern Brewer
northern brewer

Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:02 am

Forgot about this thread after I actually had something to show...

here it is... not much to look at, but it works great!

Sergeant, BN Army!

Member of the Mid-State Brew Crew
Techie101

Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:54 am

Homebrewguy wrote:Image

Looks like you make diaper-pail ale too with Pampers Cruisers. Nice.
code
codewritinfool

PreviousNext

Return to Brewing Sculptures