Dayton, OH

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:40 pm

In the beginning of March, I'm staying overnight in Dayton, OH while attending a conference. I'm looking for input from the army on places to hit while I'm out there. Most of my meals/bar time will be spent in the Univ of Dayton area, so looking more for well curated bottleshops, taprooms, etc in the greater area. I'll only be there a limited time, but wanted to put some feelers out there. Also, since I'm coming from Columbus, OH I'm in pretty much the same distribution network, except for any smaller local stuff.

Also deciding on where I'll be staying, but likely at the Marriot nearest campus (conference rate) unless anyone else has a recommendation for a decent, cheap place crash on a Saturday night... they will be allowing us to park on campus, so a short drive isn't too much of an issue for lodging.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Re: Dayton, OH

Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:53 am

You should shoot over to Yellow Springs. Its a great little hippy college town with an awesome new brewery (aptly named "Yellow Springs Brewery". They won a silver at the GABF this year. You might spot old Dave Chappelle walking around too (he lives here).

There were about 4 or 5 other breweries that just opened up in the past year. Sadly, I haven't been to any of them yet.

The Oregon District is pretty cool area with a lot of bars and restaurants and a new brewery called Eudora that is supposed to be good. I always liked going to Thai 9.

Belmont Party Supply is a decent bottle shop with a homebrew store next door. Its not in the best part of town and you'll probably drive by it at first.
maxam

Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:20 am

[quote="maxam"]The Oregon District is pretty cool area with a lot of bars and restaurants and a new brewery called Eudora that is supposed to be good. quote]

The Dublin Pub is worth a stop in........
Conical Fermenter - Amber Lager
Keg#1 Dunkel
Keg#2 Helles
Keg#3 Flanders Red
Keg#4 Star San
Keg#5 Star San
Keg#6 Star San
Kbar

Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:26 pm

Travel plans have changed somewhat, as I will be carpooling, and crashing on the floor of another guy's hotel room. They have a 'bar crawl' planned among places within walking distance of the University, so that is what I'll be limited to during my time there. I will try to post my impressions of anywhere we go to this thread for the one other person that ends up traveling to Dayton in a few years.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Return to Travel