Virginia DC

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:24 pm

I am from SoCal and I am scouting out where I should move for work West of DC. I am going to be in Leesburg, Fairfax, Dale City area for a week. Where are the good places to live and get good beer? Breweries?
BikeLaneBrewery

Re: Virginia DC

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:16 pm

A friend of mine lives in Alexandria and likes the blend of cheapness/safeness. Hands down the best brewery in that area is Port City Brewing Company.
-"You want a beer?"
-"But it's 7am"
-"Scotch?"
ziggy

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:30 pm

A friend of mine from high school is the "Beer Director" at Lyon Hall in Arlington (http://lyonhallarlington.com/), and yes the title is a bit much but he knows his stuff. And I understand the food is fantastic as well.
Insert beer quote of dubious origin here

Corporal - BN Army :bnarmy:
Military Finance Division
Charlotte, NC
KiltedDrummer

Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:07 pm

Fairfax has a Dogfishhead Alehouse that is great.

Other then that if you really want a great selection of great beer trip into DC and go to either
Birreria Paradiso
Churchkey

PS: If you end up moving to the Warrenton/Manassas/Culpepper area let me know, I just moved here about 5 months ago (bought a house 2 months ago) and don't have any drinking buddies yet.
CRBrewHound

Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:59 pm

CRBrewHound wrote:Fairfax has a Dogfishhead Alehouse that is great.

Other then that if you really want a great selection of great beer trip into DC and go to either
Birreria Paradiso
Churchkey

PS: If you end up moving to the Warrenton/Manassas/Culpepper area let me know, I just moved here about 5 months ago (bought a house 2 months ago) and don't have any drinking buddies yet.

I love Dogfishhead so I will have to stop by there. I am planning on staying in Fairfax one night too so I will try to find a hotel near there. I plan on moving out there in July so it will be cool to find another brewer friend.
BikeLaneBrewery

Return to Travel