Re: BN Soldier brew off sign up sheet

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:50 am

Ozwald wrote:
EllisTX wrote:Mine will go into kegs next week. The only other confirmed brew is Mr. HairyNeckBeardBrewerGuyThing.

Porky, Neck, Ozziewald, Pies, Grod, Mi6op, Eagle, and myself are those who have showed interest so far. If it's just Mr. StubbleUnderChinBeardBrewistGuyThing and I then it will look even worse when I lose and there was only one other beer. Which of you plan on brewing/entering?

How did I get thrown in there? I haven't been able to brew since May & at the current rate of the new brewery build, I might not even be brewing next May. Glad you guys are doing something, but definitely don't expect something from me.

Oops. I just looked at all who had replied. :asshat: Sorry Ozwaldo. Good luck on the build!
EllisTX

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:57 am

Hey how did I not get thrown in here.
NervousDad

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:30 am

To NervousDad and Ozwald. I've been foolish. And I just want to say....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGLR25EJtfE[/youtube]

I can't seem to get anything right. Why is the youtube link not working?
EllisTX

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:46 am

EllisTX wrote:To NervousDad and Ozwald. I've been foolish. And I just want to say....

:), I think I screwed myself though anyway. I took BCS robust porter as my base malts and added some Coffee malt and now I don't think I would be able to make it in time. I the OG is 1068. I'm brewing Saturday night so it will be close.
NervousDad

Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:07 am

NervousDad wrote:
EllisTX wrote:To NervousDad and Ozwald. I've been foolish. And I just want to say....

:), I think I screwed myself though anyway. I took BCS robust porter as my base malts and added some Coffee malt and now I don't think I would be able to make it in time. I the OG is 1068. I'm brewing Saturday night so it will be close.

No worries. Never know till it's done. I think mine is a bit low on roast. I've made more of a dark brown ale.
EllisTX

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:35 am

I am definitely interested in participating in something like this, but have been sitting back to see what gets put together. As such, I haven't brewed a porter to submit by October 1st. I would like to see the details figured out and posted with plenty of advance notice to work it into my brewing schedule (2-3 months). We might also get more participation from folks that haven't posted on the thread.
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:46 pm

Ill def try to get a beer brewed up and finished. If people want their beers judged by a BJCP judge then I can see if i could meet up with Bokonon, who doesnt live too far away from me. If you just want to someone to judge it, I can do that. I can tell you what i like and dont like about your beers. Ill send Bok a message to see if he is interested.
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:11 pm

Sounds good Pork.
EllisTX

PreviousNext

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?