Now I know why

Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:29 pm

I stopped listening to the Jamil show and brew strong when JZ went pro. I kept listening to the Session for a while and then stopped. I couldn't understand why, I thought maybe my taste was changing, I have been listening for over 6 years and maybe I just got tired of it. I check the forum every once in a while, I don't really recognize the names here anymore. I kept the twitter feed up to see what was happening. I read that Adam Carolla was going to be on the show and thought I would listen again. After listening to the interview I think I know why I stopped listening. J told Adam that Dr. Drew's show sucked, really this needed to be said? Then the mention of "Ace on the renovation", is it that hard to look at the website and see it is "Ace on the house". I have never in 15 years felt sorry for Adam (being a millionaire and all), until then. The session gets the chance to get traction with a big name and insults are thrown around. I thought no big deal, I have no dog in the fight and who wants to hear my opinion. Then I thought why did J decide his words count and he could insult someone. I have made an ass out of myself numerous times in life and in this forum, but never by purposely putting someone in situation like that. I can't believe Adam didn't say fuck you and hang up. I guess that is why Adam is a pro. (sound of me climbing off my soap box)
larry78cj7

Re: Now I know why

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:58 am

I wasn't going to open the door on this one, but personally I was really disappointed in last week's show. Lee Chase was great, but I almost just skipped through the Carolla part. What a fucking douchebag. The interview itself wasn't any better & the whole thing wrapped up in, don't drink this shit, it tastes like a nutsack teabagged in fusels. What was the point?

As for JZ... I'm leaving that one closed.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:37 pm

Carolla is not a douche bag. He came off like one in the interview because he was caught off guard by the questions. If someone starts off by bad mouthing one of your friends anyone would act strange. (the Dr. Drew comment) I will agree and say this, Adam is very high strung, and he tends to look down at people. With that said; I think Adam did the best he could considering the circumstances. I also think that J saw the opportunity to be cool and act not impressed, and J came off as a dick. Maybe J was overwhelmed and didn't know what to do.
As for JZ,
When JZ checked out, it was very similar to when Adam left Loveline. Same format and yet.....
larry78cj7

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:23 pm

I dunno. I have just listened to the interview and thought it was done alright. Adam agreed his old show couldn't be recreated without him.

As for Mangria. It sounds like a boozed up wine drink. If you're in Adam's demographic, you're probably gonna try it out for shits and giggles. From the sound of the sales numbers, they're doing alright with it.

I would have liked to hear Will Ferrell. He seems like more the BN's style.
whoateallthepies

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Put it on the calendar dude... I think your feelings were more hurt than Carolla's he seemed to agree, and it lead to a discussion of format vs personalities. Probably the reason that he didn't say fuck you and hang up is that he wasn't all butt-hurt about it...
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:53 pm

I saw this post before I was able to listen to the archive. I kept waiting for Carolla's interview to go terribly wrong and it never did. I thougt the show was great and Carolla was Carolla.

So sit on your :nutters: somewhere, :aaron and try to relax.
EllisTX

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:06 pm

I didn't see it that way at all. Corolla was cool. The only dig that I remember was from Beevo repeatedly saying she thought that Mangria was nasty. That's kind of the point of marketing it as a MAN's drink though.

I'm one of those new faces, but I've been downloading older podcasts like their going out of style for the better part of a year. I got into homebrewing because I stumbled upon Brewing TV on Youtube. Then, in one of their episodes from a couple years ago, they visited the BN studios, so I had to look this place up to see what it was all about. If it wasn't for the NB, BTV, and the BN, I would be a lousy homebrewer, probably still dumping chlorinated tap water into a Mr. Beer fermentor. I've listened to all the Brew Strongs, the last 18months or so of SS, and a handful of CYBI. (Hey, I only commute 4-6 hrs a day)
They've got something special going on here so I'm always surprised and confused when listeners whine as much as they do about dumb shit. All those guys (and girls) put their heart and souls into the BN...especially Justin. They are giving away invaluable knowledge. Giving it away. For you. A little more appreciation is in order.

My .02
Corporal, BN ARMY

If you're not a part of the solution, your'e a part of the precipitate.
Duzdisluk Infektid

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:30 pm

So I am listening to the show right now & I am not sure what was so wrong about the interview.

One question I do have is what happen with Jamil?
ACESFULL

Next

Return to The Sunday Session