Session beer

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:54 am

There was the recent Laguanita's show and when they talked to 'Dry-Hop The Shit Outta It' Talley, but there was another brewer on in the last year or so who talked about session beers. They were on for a completely different topic, but it came up that a lot of their beers were pretty low ABV & there was a short discussion on body/mouthfeel in low gravity beers. I can't seem to figure out who it was though. Anyone remember?
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Re: Session beer

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:15 am

"Dry Hop the Shot Outta It" was Jen Talley, formerly with Squatters and now with Redhook, I believe. Squatters brws all session beers due to Utah's antiquated beer laws. Maybe that's what you were thinking of...
Sergeant BN Army
cdburg

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:45 am

That being the name of the Sunday/Monday show makes it hard to search for the topic...
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:54 am

spiderwrangler wrote:That being the name of the Sunday/Monday show makes it hard to search for the topic...

Hence me asking if someone remembered it. I thought it was Humpty Dumpty since they're british & the whole culture behind their pub sessions, but no go there. It had to be right around the time they were switching studios. I just spent the last couple months catching up on the last 2 years of the Session, so I'm having a hard time remembering what happened in which episode.

cdburg wrote:"Dry Hop the Shot Outta It" was Jen Talley, formerly with Squatters and now with Redhook, I believe. Squatters brws all session beers due to Utah's antiquated beer laws. Maybe that's what you were thinking of...

That's why I called her by her true name: 'Dry Hop the Shit Outta It' Talley. :lol:
She talked more about session beers in her first appearance before she moved over to RedShit Brewing, but it most certainly wasn't either of her appearances, nor was it Jeremy either.
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:58 am

Whoever it was, he started talking about another compound (Glycerides?) affecting body/mouthfeel & hinted at how he used it in creating low gravity beers. That spark anyone's memory?
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:17 am

Probably not the one you are looking for, but I think I remember Chad from Crooked Stave talking about something like that as ways of keeping body in his brett beers.
Gimme oysters and beer (and Durian) for dinner every day of the year...
mike____

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:26 am

mike____ wrote:Probably not the one you are looking for, but I think I remember Chad from Crooked Stave talking about something like that as ways of keeping body in his brett beers.

You know that could be it. I started listening to it again because I knew there was something different about that show, but when he started talking about all-brett I thought I was mistaken. You very well may have solved the mystery. Thank you & cheers.
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:09 am

cdburg wrote:"Dry Hop the Shot Outta It" was Jen Talley, formerly with Squatters and now with Redhook, I believe. Squatters brws all session beers due to Utah's antiquated beer laws. Maybe that's what you were thinking of...

Squatters does not just brew session beers...we have plenty of regular strength beer here...it just has to be in a bottle, not on draft

All of our brewerys have a great line up of full strength and 4% session beers...we have a brewery that only makes full strength beer (Epic Brewing) and doesn't even bother with the 4% stuff...we have a High West distillery that makes all kinds of bad-ass bourbons and stuff...we have an excellent winery in Moab...we have a good homebrewing scene and had around 600 entries in our local comp this last year

we are by no means antiquated...we just let you guys think that so we can keep more sauce for ourselves

Cheers! :pop

:bnarmy:
On Deck: porter, berliner weisse
Fermenting: xtra pale
In the keg/bottle: golden delicious apple cider, brown rice lager, german pils
EL TIZZO

Next

Return to The Sunday Session