Re: Moscow makes JP...

Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:29 am

snowcapt wrote:OK, I'll bite.
Moscow did a great job with the yeast whisperer. I'll give him that. He also does alot of other things for the show, no doubt.
I just think that he, as stated above, talks over too many people, too often. I couldn't care less when he does it to the BN staff, but he does it all the time with guests and I miss what they are saying and it is a bit disrespectful. Yes, it is the BN, but it isn't all sophmoric humor "go-time".
I like him and all, I just think he needs to settle down a bit.
I'm sure it is tough to work in the same room that your unrequited love crush is in. AWKWARD!
And his last drunk of the week attempt was just silly. You cannot get dotw while producing a show like that. Does not compute.
Moscow, I love ya man, but I cant stand you either!
:jnj

yup, well said...either produce or be dotw (and if your going to be dotw, don't bring it weak with 5 beers...it take A LOT more than than that bro)
On Deck: porter, berliner weisse
Fermenting: xtra pale
In the keg/bottle: golden delicious apple cider, brown rice lager, german pils
EL TIZZO

Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:32 pm

The guy does a good job, he's smart, when he was going for DOTW and he found out he wasn't getting it. He pulled out the BITCH CARD really quick. Nothing I hate more than whining. I can't say that I could do any better but I don't work in radio. Time to nut up son and next time bring it strong. :nutters:
In keg-a-tor-a-anator

Ocotoberfest, Sour Code Brown for Big Brew Day, Smoke Porter

On Deck
American Pale Ale and Dry Stout
My Dad always said "never confuse bravery with stupidity."
lunitick1976

Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:30 pm

I get the feeling that Moscow really cares about his work with the BN may be trying as hard to make it work than anyone else in the room right now. It seems like the quality of the guests has been on the up and up since he got on board and the games are fun to listen to. It's nice to have something fresh on the show to replace an hour of shitty DOTW calls that nobody needs to hear anymore after 6+ years of that bullshit. Give the guy a break! Also, he and everyone else at the BN do read the forum and I think that the OP was a bit insensitive and should have gone to feedback rather than a public forum.
maxwell

Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:36 am

I came here to defend Moscow and I'm just going to end up echoing maxwell's sentiment:

Moscow's fuckin' great. Not that Shat ever did anything wrong (he was/is a good brewer and good dude with good brewing information seemingly thrust into the the role of a radio producer), but I feel like Moscow's slamming it out of the park. Great guests, great new and varying segments, and a role as the bright-eyed, enthusiastic, new homebrewer who's in an interesting position as the new brewer in the room full of really great brewers (and Justin).

He's absolutely necessary to the show, if for no other reason, because he's standing in for a lot of the new homebrewers who are joining the army now instead of five or six years ago. He's not afraid to ask the "dumb" question that "everyone else" already knows the answer to. He's the connection to the new listeners that new listeners need. Without someone like him - the new guy in the room of experienced guys - there's no one for the new brewers in the audience to relate to. If you want to retain listeners, they need someone to identify with...new brewers are going to identify with Moscow.

When I first started listening, I identified with JP because I hate myself and everyone around me (while simultaneously believing that people are, in fact, good and worthy of my time). Since then I've become familiar with the rest of the crew and I don't need to identify with JP anymore. If no one else, the new listener will identify with Moscow. In my opinion, Moscow could/should use his "new to brewing" character to solicit more beginner-type information.

In summation, Moscow's awesome. Cut him some fuckin' slack. Maybe he's appropriating some radio traits and maybe he's not Daniela, but he's a completely worthy and possibly necessary addition to the BN.
Bottle: Lonely Beer Party Bitter, Mildly Amused, Saison Du Biz (two fermentors with slightly different ferm. temps), Noah's Parti Bitter

Fermentor: Noahs Parti Wine-o

Coming up:
Wutz

Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:35 am

I agree with most of the above. He is a good guy and does a good job. Said that already. He took in what was said and I'm sure he''ll deal with it in his own special way. He knows the score.
I also think that he is going to be knocking some new shit out of the friggin park, too.
I believe the ol' proverbial fire has been lit under him.
Moscow, keep at it and keep up the good work.
Hugs
snowcapt

Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:24 am

maxwell wrote:It's nice to have something fresh on the show to replace an hour of shitty DOTW calls that nobody needs to hear anymore after 6+ years of that bullshit.

Ain't that the truth. Ugh.
elsinore

Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:56 pm

snowcapt wrote:I agree with most of the above. He is a good guy and does a good job. Said that already. He took in what was said and I'm sure he''ll deal with it in his own special way. He knows the score.
I also think that he is going to be knocking some new shit out of the friggin park, too.
I believe the ol' proverbial fire has been lit under him.
Moscow, keep at it and keep up the good work.
Hugs

I think Snowcapt pretty much summarized my whole reasoning for starting this thread in the first place. I have listened to the following show and he seemed fine, so I think his attempt at DOTW may have given him some "beer muscles" and he started talking over some people. So...nothing to see here.

I haven't listened to the most recent episode, so I don't know if this got brought up or not.
Llama, taboot, taboot

PFC Great Lakes Division
Taboot

Previous

Return to The Sunday Session