Re: The older the show , the better it is!

Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:30 am

Seems lately the theme is to have people call in so that they can insult the caller. Wonder why no one calls anymore?
larry78cj7

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:00 am

Henning1966 wrote:Aww how cute you guys missing beevo I MISS DANIELLA

"Make beer not war"

Currently fermenting: Firestone Walker Pale 31 clone
Conditioning: Nothing
On draught: Nothing

Watch episodes of BYOB TV: http://www.kofytv.com/byob-tv/archive/
BeerPal

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:13 pm

mikelikesit wrote:So I have been listening for close to a year now. In the last few months I have went back and listened to a lot of the archives starting with the first show. The archives are awesome! The shows were on topic for the most part. the interviews were great. The bad langauge was keep to a minimum.

With that being said, the recent shows, in the year i've been listening, are crap compared to the old ones. I was able to sit through an entire old episode with out fast forwarding through most of it due to the all of the F-bombs, and other inappropriete talk. Now, I fast forward through most of the shows to get to the good subject mater. I feel at times like I am listening to a howard stern show about beer.

Just saying, you would keep/have more listeners and supporters if you sensored your show a bit.

While I can understand the language being a bit shocking if you don't use it yourself, I personally find it kind of refreshing to hear interviews and hosts express themselves with constantly censoring themselves or hitting a dump button. My perspective may be a bit skewed since I was a Marine, and now I work at a Benz dealership so there's a wee bit of culture dichotomy, but I can see both sides of the issue. The BN has multiple shows, and they all have their own feel and content. Hell since Jamil started Heretic sometimes he's so tired he sounds like one of those somnolent NPR hosts. I haven't gone back and listened to the earliest episodes of the Session yet, but I personally really enjoy the "hanging with a bunch of beer nerds at a bar" feel and it's really fun to hear some of craft brewing's icons come on and let their hair down. I imagine the Session used to be more focused, but now the have other shows that delve into technical side, and with the backlog of information in the archive there's not a ton of new information left to give folks without being repetitive.
I love Brew Strong and CYBI for the education, and I love the Session for the 8 hour drive to see my family every weekend.
Anyhow, I love the show and we all love craft beer so cheers!
wan2ride

Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:35 am

Man, I took a lot of crap for this one! Anyways, I still feel that the older shows were more on point. Granted the audio sucked, but it was more about beer. I understand that there is not a ton of new breaking news and techniques in beer making. I also some what enjoy the screwoff portions of the show, just not all of the F-bombs. And dont think that the show is completely uncensored, just listened to the recent Alabama show and the language was toned way down while talking with the law maker dude. Why? Because he would not take the BN seriously if every other word was F@&%. The BN has really done well for homebrewers, and continues to. I just hope that the BN will always be taken seriously, especially when it is most needed, like when talking to a law maker.
mikelikesit

Previous

Return to The Sunday Session