The older the show , the better it is!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:20 am

So I have been listening for close to a year now. In the last few months I have went back and listened to a lot of the archives starting with the first show. The archives are awesome! The shows were on topic for the most part. the interviews were great. The bad langauge was keep to a minimum.

With that being said, the recent shows, in the year i've been listening, are crap compared to the old ones. I was able to sit through an entire old episode with out fast forwarding through most of it due to the all of the F-bombs, and other inappropriete talk. Now, I fast forward through most of the shows to get to the good subject mater. I feel at times like I am listening to a howard stern show about beer.

Just saying, you would keep/have more listeners and supporters if you sensored your show a bit.
mikelikesit

Re: The older the show , the better it is!

Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:30 pm

For the record:
If this show is at all censored; count me the fuck out.
Just fine,

Ryan
PFC, BN Army, Philly Division
http://www.barleylegalhomebrewers.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHxRmgRK8tU

Kegged: Chamomile Wit, Session Saison, Leffe Brune Clone, Honey Wheat, Janet's Brown
Bottled: Beet FEStout
Fermenter: Hopricot
brewranger

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:46 pm

brewranger wrote:For the record:
If this show is at all censored; count me the fuck out.
+1 fuck feelings!

:jnj
Josh
Jbug

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:42 pm

There have been sponsors that have said if they sensor the show they wouldn't sponsor. Now aside from the gay(JP) bashing the language doesn't bother me all that much I mean I went through 12 years of Catholic school so I've heard worse.
PFC BN Army Southeastern PA Division
http://www.barefootlionbrewing.blogspot.com
BarefootLion

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:04 pm

mikelikesit wrote:So I have been listening for close to a year now. In the last few months I have went back and listened to a lot of the archives starting with the first show. The archives are awesome! The shows were on topic for the most part. the interviews were great. The bad langauge was keep to a minimum.

With that being said, the recent shows, in the year i've been listening, are crap compared to the old ones. I was able to sit through an entire old episode with out fast forwarding through most of it due to the all of the F-bombs, and other inappropriete talk. Now, I fast forward through most of the shows to get to the good subject mater. I feel at times like I am listening to a howard stern show about beer.

Just saying, you would keep/have more listeners and supporters if you sensored your show a bit.

I'd disagree with you. I find myself enjoying the later shows more. Sure, there may have been a higher concentration of beer información on the older shows, but that's to be expected. A gigantic bucketful of new knowledge isn't gained every week by the brewing community as a whole - how can you expect a show to provide you an overflowing bucket of knowledge 75% of weekends (or more) per year for +six years?

The newer shows may be a little less info-packed but, if we're honest, we can all agree that it's better radio. Listening to Justin early on in the show talking about brewing and his tales of trying to brew was what I'd imagine it would be like to listen to his first sexual experience: really fuckin' awkward.

I just wanted to jump in there, grab his dick, and stuff it in the boil kettle.

I disagree with you whole-heartedly, sir. The newer the show, the better the show is. It's more entertaining and has great knowledge gems and ideas scattered throughout the podcasts. Shea Comfort's got a ton of knowledge, but I couldn't listen to him every week. On the other hand, I hope LaTronda makes it's little cameos for a long, long time while Tasty, Nate, Shat, Doc (occasionally), and JP (even rarer than Doc) contribute brewing knowledge, experience, and ideas to the show.
Bottle: Lonely Beer Party Bitter, Mildly Amused, Saison Du Biz (two fermentors with slightly different ferm. temps), Noah's Parti Bitter

Fermentor: Noahs Parti Wine-o

Coming up:
Wutz

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:22 pm

:asshat:
Last edited by Sent From My iPhone on Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent From My iPhone

Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:51 pm

it's the internet...if you don't like the foul language there are plenty of Family safe brewing information shows...you won't get the same level of information and the guests...but it will be clean and boring the way you like it...
Stinkfist

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:04 pm

I don't think it is fair to shit on this guy. Honestly the show has changed over the years. People are always asking for that other show like it went somewhere. It hasn't, it has been incorporated into the Session.

For a while the meltdown was an entity that reared its head at the end of the Session, but that meltdown feel has been carried over to the beginning of the show now too. Unfortunately at times this leads to the interview, feedback, and other segments of the show becoming, what appears to be on occasion, an bothersome afterthought.

The addition of Nate to the Session has been great because his is more beer focused than Doc. The last couple of years it seems Doc just gets hammered, which is a shame because he knows a ton of shit.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Session and the other shows that the BN produces, that doesn't mean that I think that they are perfect. In my mind, the BN is the best in brewing info and entertainment on podcast, but that doesn't grant them infallibility.

Mills
:bnarmy:
Sergeant: BN Army - Michigan Brewing Division

I've been pounding Chad's Dunkel all night.

- Doc

Twitter: @adammmills Follow me, yo!

http://thosewhocantteachbrew.blogspot.com
Mills

Next

Return to The Sunday Session