Homegrown Hop Problem - Leaf Wilt?!?

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:12 pm

Hey All,

I decided this year to plan a couple hop rhizomes and one of my Sterling plants started off growing very well with good progress. However, in the past couple weeks, I've noticed that the upper section of the plant has become sparse with many of the leaves are taking a wilted, curled over appearance. I'm not quite sure what's going on, so I figured I would post for some help.

Here are a couple pictures:

More details of the issue can be found here.

I'm a little flustered by the problem, so if you have any suggestions or ideas on what's going on or potential solutions, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!

-Okt
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."
-Humphrey Bogart

"A good puzzle would be to cross Dublin without passing a pub."
-James Joyes, Ulysses
Oktober

Re: Homegrown Hop Problem - Leaf Wilt?!?

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:00 pm

Have you read through Dave Will's site?

http://www.freshops.com/hop-growing/hop ... -and-pests

I could be downy mildew, spider mites or something else - what do you see on the leaves that are curled up and dying?
bcmaui

Re: Homegrown Hop Problem - Leaf Wilt?!?

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:22 pm

BC,

Thanks for the resource - after reading through Dave Will's site, I don't really see anything that fits the symptoms of my plants (although I will add a link to it on the blog post in case others are searching for answers too).

As for your question about the leaves, there are no spots or mildew on the leaves. For the most part, they look green and healthy, but just curled up and a little wilted.

-Okt
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."
-Humphrey Bogart

"A good puzzle would be to cross Dublin without passing a pub."
-James Joyes, Ulysses
Oktober

Return to Homegrown