From MI - looking to swap for New Glarus 'Spotted Cow' in WI

Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:53 pm

Hey guys - I live in the northern burbs of Detroit. Anybody out there from WI that can get their hands on some Spotted Cow and might be interested in swapping for something from some of our Best Michigan Breweries (Bell's, Arbor Brewing, Jolly Pumpkin, Founders). Its for a nephew of mine who is graduating from college - according to him - "it's the best beer in the world". Would love to surprise him with some. Let me know.
Terry
"Take all you want, but eat all you take!", anonymous Chinese Buffet Owner
slurring_troobadour

Re: From MI - looking to swap for New Glarus 'Spotted Cow' in WI

Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:30 am

I can get everything you have except Jolly Pumpkin. If your still looking for a trade, I am sure we can work something out.
barleypopmaker

Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:07 pm

barleypopmaker wrote:I can get everything you have except Jolly Pumpkin. If your still looking for a trade, I am sure we can work something out.

What kind of JP are you looking for?
"Take all you want, but eat all you take!", anonymous Chinese Buffet Owner
slurring_troobadour

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:35 pm

I prefer NG's "Fat Squirrel" to the "Spotted Cow". If you have not tried either, ask for some squirrel as well.
bcmaui

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:59 pm

I agree about Fat Squirrel, but I'll send you want you want. Up until Crack'd Wheat, Fat Squirrel was my favorite year round offering. But Squirrel is still one of my favs.

I have had La Roja so I'm good on that one since I am seeking something I have not had. I don't know what you can still get but I am most interested in Maracaibo Especial and Perseguidor. If you cant get those, I am also interested in Bam Biere, Bam Noire, Fuego del Otono, Madrugada Obscura, and Oro de Calabaza. I can't recall if the beer I had from them was corked or capped, but if its corked I don't want anything too old. I have had bad luck with receiving corked beers in good condition inside the bottle. I don't know if they were old from where the person got them or if I was getting old beer from their shelf, but they sat too long and believe it or not carbonation was quite low and the flavor was quite bad.

Let me know how much NG you are looking for and we can strike a deal.
barleypopmaker

Return to Swaps