Turkey Pron

Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:53 am

I was assigned turkey duty this year. I went with brined and rottiseried. Best turkey I've ever done. I'll never cook a turkey again that I haven't brined first. Moist and flavorful! It's hard to keep from taking the lid off to watch that bird spin around.

ImageImage
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
Elbone

Re: Turkey Pron

Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:48 pm

I'll chime in too. This is the turkey I did for Thanksgiving this year. It was the first turkey I had ever done and the first turkey for SWMBO and my married life so we took a pic *feelings*. I cooked it in the oven in a plain old black enamel roasting pan after I rubbed it with some butter and added thyme, parsley, and rosemary. In the bottom of the pan went 8 oz. of August Schell's 2008 Snowstorm beer for moisture and basting (and eventually gravy). It was pretty damn good if I say so myself, and I do.

Neuron_Theory was brewed according to the Reinheitsgebot.
BN Army Corporal - 1st Minn. Lakefront Divison
Prost!
Neuron_Theory

Re: Turkey Pron

Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:04 am

this was my first thanksgiving having my wifes family and my family all in our new home. i apple brined the turkey and smoked it. turned out great.
-Tyson
whiteManCanHop

Return to Great Food VigArously