Drunk Garlic Pork Chops

Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:19 pm

I made up this recipe tonight and it is kick ass! Give it a shot and let me know what you think.

Drunk Garlic Pork Chops:

3-4 1/2 in thick pork chops
salt
pepper
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs butter
4-6 cloves of garlic minced (about 4 tbs)
1/2 cup dry white wine (I used vigioner)
1/2 cup beer (I used my Cream Ale)

Begin by seasoning the pork with salt and pepper to taste. Heat a skillet over a medium-high flame (I would not use non-stick). Add the olive oil and butter to the hot skillet. Brown the pork chops on both sides (they should have some good color). Reduce heat to medium, add the garlic to the skillet and cook for 30 sec, then add the wine to de-glaze the pan. Allow the wine to reduce to near syrup consistency. Add the beer and cover for about 10 minutes. Turn the pork several times while covered. Remove the lid and allow the beer to reduce to a semi-thick sauce. Serve!

I drank Cream Ale with it, but the vigioner would have gove just as well with the meal. Next time I'm considering adding a bit of schallot or red onion with the garlic.
"I feel sorry for those who don't drink because when they get up in the morning that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
— Frank Sinatra
Lars

Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:46 pm

Sounds great, I think I will include it in this coming weeks meal plan. I'll let you know how it goes.
BadRock
Global Moderator

Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:37 pm

Lars, thanks a bunch for that one man!

I made this meal for dinner tonight and Wow! I followed your directions exactly except I did add in one medium shallot and I used Sammy Adams for the beer. I ended up with every little sauce so I tossed in a little more Sammy and voilà!

So all you Mac-n-Cheese eattin' mothers out there....Give this a try! If this don't get ya laid then your donin' something wrong!
BadRock
Global Moderator

Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:35 pm

Thanks! I'll be makin it again soon.

BTW I also make a kick ass mac and cheese... Recipe soon to be modified to include beer!
"I feel sorry for those who don't drink because when they get up in the morning that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
— Frank Sinatra
Lars

Return to Great Food VigArously