after nearly a decade, brewing again and back with BN. tips?

Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:43 pm

heya! long time no see!
finally back to a point where i can brew again. i have an old B3 gravity-fed sculpture, and i used to do all-grain, single infusion brews.
im looking for suggestions for modern brew software. i used to use ProMash back in the day, but all my old stuff is gone.
i was just starting to dabble in making my own recipes back then, but for the moment im more worried about calculating my efficiency and getting my numbers dialed in.
im just gunna use pre-made recipes from morebeer for the moment. any suggestions on software for me? beersmith is the only one i have so far, is promash still updated? anything better?
any advice would be appreciated. so happy to be back.
hope to talk to you all soon!

old pics of the brewery: https://pinky.ratman.org/~smokkin/brew/

-Chris (smokkin)
smokkin1

Re: after nearly a decade, brewing again and back with BN. t

Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:59 pm

Welcome back!

Beersmith pretty much took over for Promash. You can't go wrong with it.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Re: after nearly a decade, brewing again and back with BN. t

Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:08 pm

Yeah, I have been pretty happy with beersmith with the one exception that you can't store pictures with the brew logs. I did this when I was using BrewToad, and I really liked it. It makes me so sad I think I have to drink, yay!
BN Army : Cannon Fodder Division

"Risk of failure should be no deterrent to trying"
NateBrews

Return to New Users