Hello from Norway

Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:46 am

Hi. I'm new to this forum and fairly new to brewing. I've brewed for almost a year in a Speidel. I've been pretty active, brewing more than 30 batches in that time. I enjoy everything about this hobby - except for removing labels from bottles.

Homebrewing is huge in Norway, mainly, I think, due to the excessive cost of alcohol in this country. That said, I don't think most of us brew to save money anymore. Once you start brewing, it quickly takes over your life. There's brewing equipment, bottles, fermenters, extra fridges, brewing books and magazines etc etc all over the house.
Godesetbrygg

Re: Hello from Norway

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:35 am

Welcome to the forum!

Always cool to have members from another country here. How do you like brewing with the Speidel? What size?

Cheers from the U.S.!!

Brewinhard
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Re: Hello from Norway

Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:31 am

brewinhard wrote:Welcome to the forum!

Always cool to have members from another country here. How do you like brewing with the Speidel? What size?

Cheers from the U.S.!!

Brewinhard

I've got the 10l. I brew alone and want to experiment as much as I can and I've ran out of places to store beer, so the small size works for me. What I like about speidel is that I can program it and then it will tell me when eg hops are to be added. Without that function I would not have been able to remember everything. Speidel doesn't brew better beer than other systems but it helps me be a better brewer.
Godesetbrygg

Return to New Users