New Old Geezer in the forum

Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:39 am

Hello all, I've been an active homebrewer since 2007. I'm a member of the Marin Society of Homebrewers (MaSH) north of San Francisco, but also enter competitions under the BN. Favorite styles to brew are pretty much anything but straight IPAs (that one's for JP) - On tap I've a Märzen/Oktoberfest (depending on the month!), Kolsch and Imperial Stout. I've a sour making a mess of my equipment in the second bedroom.

I'm booked to take the BJCP tasting exam on December 12th. Also a Corporal - the stuff I've leaned from the podcasts have been invaluable, excellent stuff. Cheers.

Geezer_brew
geezer_brew

Re: New Old Geezer in the forum

Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:37 pm

Welcome!

Have you passed the online exam yet? That's the other requirement for the exam.
I agree the BN was invaluable for me becoming a judge as well, especially the original Jamil style shows.
If you have any questions on the BJCP, ask away. We have many National+ judges here on the forum.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:49 pm

Thanks bdawg! I'm going to take the hour online exam in November after I take a class with better beer scores, an online / webinar style training school that starts on Wednesday the 14th. Thanks for offering to answer questions, I'll sure I'll have some ... :)
geezer_brew

Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:36 pm

Welcome aboard!
:bnarmy: :bnarmy:
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Return to New Users