Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:43 pm

wezil wrote:I looked at Beerpal's version of this (and I have seen Doc's too) and built one today. One trip to the hardware store and less than an hour of work.
This might be the greatest piece of equipment yet.
If you already have a submersible pump here is what you need:
Hack saw
36 in X 1/2 in PVC
1/2 in PVC cap
Milk Crate
Bucket

Brad

Important to note that if you choose not to use a milk crate to support your carboy over the bucket, make sure you use a SQUARE bucket. A carboy will seal onto a round-top bucket like you won't believe! :shock:
"Make beer not war"

Currently fermenting: Firestone Walker Pale 31 clone
Conditioning: Nothing
On draught: Nothing

Watch episodes of BYOB TV: http://www.kofytv.com/byob-tv/archive/
BeerPal

Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:05 pm

One extra cool thing that happens, the PBW solution gets hot as the pump runs. PBW works a lot better when hot. Just don't over do the PBW as it will foam too much. Like anything else you just have to "learn your system"

(since I know you'll ask), The square buckets come from costco. It's free... comes wrapped around kitty-litter. These comprise ALL my brewhouse buckets!

Cheers,
Dr Scott
Cheers,
Dr Scott

Beer colder than your Mom, Whiskey older than your Dad...
Dr Scott

Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:32 pm

Dr Scott wrote:One extra cool thing that happens, the PBW solution gets hot as the pump runs. PBW works a lot better when hot. Just don't over do the PBW as it will foam too much. Like anything else you just have to "learn your system"

(since I know you'll ask), The square buckets come from costco. It's free... comes wrapped around kitty-litter. These comprise ALL my brewhouse buckets!

Cheers,
Dr Scott

And if you use it to sanitze anything, be sure to use a non-foaming sanitizer.
"Make beer not war"

Currently fermenting: Firestone Walker Pale 31 clone
Conditioning: Nothing
On draught: Nothing

Watch episodes of BYOB TV: http://www.kofytv.com/byob-tv/archive/
BeerPal

Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:16 am

Hard to get humour on a post ,

Sorry Dr. Scott

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dogger
"The immense importance of a pint of ale to a common person should never be overlooked" From the Canon of St Pauls Cathedral
Dogger Dan

Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:30 am

Dogger Dan wrote:Just me Doc, but I try and keep that out of my carboy, might want to try that in the future yourself, save yourself some money on the kitty litter.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dogger

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:16 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hard to get humour on a post ,

Sorry Dr. Scott

Dogger

I wasn't trying to ignore your humor Dogger. On the contrary, I LMAO. I just forgot to give it a nod in the last post.

Too much late night posting...

Cheers,
Dr Scott
Cheers,
Dr Scott

Dr Scott

Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:43 pm

Beerpal,

Any chance you could post a close-up pic of the cap? I'd like to see how you put the holes in it. Also, are the holes just in the cap, or in the shaft as well?

Thanks!
WingStall

Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:08 pm

Mine has holes in the end and I later added holes down the shaft so it sprays right at the trub ring. This addition really helps w/ cleaning carboys. BTW, I used a 1/2" copper pipe instead of PVC. The end is a dome. It's copper so it drills pretty easily. You can buy that part at most home centers. It's used behind faucets to prevent "water hammer"

yeah, yeah, I'll get the plans/pictures up on the site soon...

Cheers,
Dr Scott
Cheers,
Dr Scott

Dr Scott

Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:13 pm

i just use one those little had hacksaws and cut thin slots just deep enough to put about a 1/4 hole in the cap and the pipe.

Brad
wezil

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Radio