Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:32 pm

Looks like a cool setup. What size (GPH) pump do you guys use? And how long do you usually let it run?

Gilby

Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:22 am

Anonymous wrote:Looks like a cool setup. What size (GPH) pump do you guys use? And how long do you usually let it run?

The pump I'm using is a "Little Giant RS-5" model. 1/6 h.p., 1200 GPH. I don't let it run for any set length of time, I just usually let it go while I'm doing something else. Yesterday I cleaned a Sankey tap, my Beer Gun and a bunch of hoses and bev-out QDs while a keg sat on the washer. By the time I had the other stuff cleaned and put away, the keg was spotless.
"Make beer not war"

Currently fermenting: Firestone Walker Pale 31 clone
Conditioning: Nothing
On draught: Nothing

Watch episodes of BYOB TV: http://www.kofytv.com/byob-tv/archive/
BeerPal

Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:31 am

Dr. Scott,
What did you use as a flow reducer for your gas-in line quick disconnect on the keg washer? The picture in the gallery looks like a plastic plug, BUT I cant tell what kind. I know there's a joke there somewhere...
Cheers
brewmiester

Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:47 am

brewmiester wrote:Dr. Scott,
What did you use as a flow reducer for your gas-in line quick disconnect on the keg washer? The picture in the gallery looks like a plastic plug, BUT I cant tell what kind. I know there's a joke there somewhere...
Cheers

It is a plastic tube. Something I had laying around. The throat diameter is smaller so it restricts the flow (maybe by half?) You could use anything that fits inside the tubing. Maybe another piece of tubing w/ a smaller ID.
Cheers,
Dr Scott

Beer colder than your Mom, Whiskey older than your Dad...
Dr Scott

Re: Doc's keg washer

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:33 pm

Just want to bum this for future references. Dr. Scot, if you want to update your gadget page or something it's VERY welcome. Planning to build one of these very soon after build some other things
Bottled: Dark and Dangerous (smoked black ale)
Upcoming: Cocoa Pebbles Black Saison
Steel

Previous

Return to Beer Radio