Bn club of the year 2012

Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Just a big congrats to all the bn club members :pop :jnj :drink. I see another show of the ugly that is the haters of the army being so diverse and wide spread. Well to all of those I say SUCK IT :crazybitch2: :asshat: :bnarmy: :crazybitch:
The only soldier in the BN ARMY with Ink on his legs promoting The Brewing network and BN ARMY. Prost

"The BNA is my therapist." Mickp
Henning1966

Re: Bn club of the year 2012

Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:19 pm

I too watched the chat on justin.tv, the only logic to any question was that they share their beer with their neighbors.

To them I say, SUCK IT!

You only get to be club of the year when you BREW BETTER BEER, THEN ENTER!

my two cents,
Alan Marks
alan_marks

Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:22 pm

As Justin alluded to in his speech at NHC, there will be considerable backlash to the homebrew club of the year award because of the unique nature of the BN. There was a similar situation that occurred about 12 years ago. A web-based homebrew club was targeted because of their unique status. I think that incident led to changes in the rules. I don't remember the name of the club, but I do remember that there was considerable opposition to their status as a club since they were only web-based.

I had a negative opinion of them at the time because I was a member of a convenient local club, the Maltose Falcons.

Now, I live in a rural area in Northern California and the nearest local club is an hour away. Now I understand the plight of those in out of the way locations that have no realistic way to be associated with a "local" club. Some homebrewers out there are much further away from a local club than I am. Now I get it. Who wants to drive for an hour or more, drink some homebrew, then drive an hour or more, after dark, to return to their rural homes??? I have been doing it recently, but it's like preparing for a marathon. I take a nap beforehand, then I chug a couple of energy drinks, then I carefully watch what I consume at the meetings, then I use a breathalyzer before getting behind the wheel, then I carefully drive home. It's not simple, or easy.

Like most homebrew clubs, the BN is filled with extremely wonderful people. Most BN'ers live in populated areas and belong to local homebrew clubs. When they enter the NHC, they do so under their local clubs. Those of us who live in the boonies enter under the BN because there is usually no realistic alternative. It would be so much simpler if we were able to easily associate with a local club, but for may of us, it's just not that easy.

Don't hate us because we are orphans, embrace us because we are fellow homebrewers.
Chris Bushman
Colfax, CA
filmlabrat

Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:35 pm

Agreed Film.

Congrats BN

love

g
"in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king"....a person not quite as plastered as the rest (not a quote by RSM grod of the BN Army)
grod

Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:03 am

Way to go douchebags! :pop
Keep on Brewin'
Captain Carrot

"Beer makes everything more fun!" (me)
captain carrot

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:05 am

Nice job all!! :jnj
Brew Strong
Jorkim aka Nikolaj
Privat, 1st Asshat Patrol
Denmark
DKjorkim

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:24 pm

Goes to show ya, that you can throw a bunch of douchbags, and :asshat:'s together.....and they can actually make great beer!!!!

:jnj to all who helped back up last years win......now lets go for the three-peet!!!!

Sergeant, Gulf Coast, Air Force Div.

Keeper of the :asshat: 2011-2012

"Push keeps shoving something in my mouth" Kim Woods

BJCP Judge
Whitebeard_Brewer

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:46 pm

Congrats to all my fello networks...

+1 Film
Peace through music - Playing for Change
http://www.playingforchange.com
Thure