Re: DOWNLOAD LIMITS

Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:56 am

codewritinfool wrote:It is a number limit. That number can change based on server loading.

oh wow, thanks for clearing that up code, I made the assumpition based on a observations from downloading. Thanks for clear that up.
CRBrewHound

Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:49 pm

Hey all, I have not read this entire thread so this might have been brought up already, but I have been listening to new BN content in a way that should reduce server activity... Stitcher.
They pull the content off the server once and then offer it up to all the listeners without hitting the BN system again.

It does not go all the way back through the archives, just the last couple episodes of each of the shows, but if I have internet connection I can listen to recent episodes of all the shows except "that other show".

So if you want to reduce the BN's web traffic, whip out that smart phone and get stitcher.
262andbrew

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:41 pm

262andbrew wrote:Hey all, I have not read this entire thread so this might have been brought up already, but I have been listening to new BN content in a way that should reduce server activity... Stitcher.
They pull the content off the server once and then offer it up to all the listeners without hitting the BN system again.

It does not go all the way back through the archives, just the last couple episodes of each of the shows, but if I have internet connection I can listen to recent episodes of all the shows except "that other show".

So if you want to reduce the BN's web traffic, whip out that smart phone and get stitcher.

Before people use this I wonder if code could chime in and give us a verdict if it is being hosted illegally by stitcher or if they have contacted the BN and have appropriate permissions to use.

I would hate to use it and find out they are illegally hosting the podcasts?
CRBrewHound

Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:54 pm

CRBrewHound wrote:
262andbrew wrote:Hey all, I have not read this entire thread so this might have been brought up already, but I have been listening to new BN content in a way that should reduce server activity... Stitcher.

Before people use this I wonder if code could chime in and give us a verdict if it is being hosted illegally by stitcher or if they have contacted the BN and have appropriate permissions to use.

Since there is a link on the home page directing us there, I'd say it is ok.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:17 pm

TheDarkSide wrote:
CRBrewHound wrote:

Since there is a link on the home page directing us there, I'd say it is ok.

It isn't that obvious that the link on the home page directs you to Stitcher. Here's what it looks like: Image
Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one, some are kinda shitty
cornhole

Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:34 pm

cornhole wrote:It isn't that obvious that the link on the home page directs you to Stitcher. Here's what it looks like: Image

You're right...I should have said that. I just happened to click on it today.

On a side note, has anyone seen the Amazon link that Justin mentioned on Sunday? I need to buy some stuff and want the BN to get their commission.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Changes have been made to the servers to help distribute download loads better. Please post here if any show in the future isn't working for you.
code
codewritinfool

Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:30 am

I'm not positive if this is the appropriate thread in which to post this, but It's the closest I could find. Here goes: When I click on "Shows & Podcasts" from the homepage, I get directed to a login page that wants my username and email. When I enter them, I get a message that they do not match any users in the database. Not sure what happened, I'm able to login to the forums, but can't access the shows (I did find a backdoor - if I hover over "Shows & Podcasts" on the homepage until the menu with the individual shows pop up, then choose a show from there, I get entry to the archives without any trouble).

Don't want to be stealing shows if I'm not supposed to have access to them, but I can't think of any reason that the BN would want to keep me out.

Looking forward to a resolution (or someone pointing out the simple thing that I botched and turned into a complicated mess)

Thanks!
Be Excellent To Each Other...
Fierce Beard

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Radio