Re: The Brewing Network Android App

Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:18 pm

Download and install from the market was simple and seemed to work perfectly. did not need to uninstall manually installed version.
"Despite the high cost of living, it still remains popular"
jomebrew

Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:49 pm

Next version to have working playback but may have subsecond pause issues. Then will be fixing the problem by using libmad to decode the mp3 stream myself rather than jumping through all these hoops to shoehorn it into the android framework which does not support progressive streams.
The Complex Brewery

Member: AHA, Corporal BN Army.
Equipment: 50qt Cooler MLT, 15gal Brew Kettle, The Dark Star Burner, 2 Tap Kegerator, Immersion Chiller
Surye

Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:11 am

Surye wrote:Next version to have working playback but may have subsecond pause issues. Then will be fixing the problem by using libmad to decode the mp3 stream myself rather than jumping through all these hoops to shoehorn it into the android framework which does not support progressive streams.

I use streamfurious too. They have fewer freezes but still freeze. Yours is easier to resume and I like it better anyway. last time I used your it had fewer freezes than before. All seems random. I am quite happy with your app. Thanks for the hard work and effort!
"Despite the high cost of living, it still remains popular"
jomebrew

Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:58 pm

New version posted. Should have fewer stream issues, and error reporting for when stream is down (like right now :( )
The Complex Brewery

Equipment: 50qt Cooler MLT, 15gal Brew Kettle, The Dark Star Burner, 2 Tap Kegerator, Immersion Chiller
Surye

Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:10 am

Froyo?
"I could have mixed it with chocolate and vagina and it still wouldn't have helped." -- Justin Crossley

"It helps the yeast focus" -- JP (refering to the riddling process)
wezil

Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:12 am

wezil wrote:Froyo?

Android 2.2 :)
The Complex Brewery

Surye

Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:48 am

Surye wrote:

It's not available yet, is it? (2.2)
Ranger, West Point - Hessian Lake Division
Hessian Lake Brewing
Hessian Lake

Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:00 pm

RommelMagic wrote:
Surye wrote:

It's not available yet, is it? (2.2)

It is out officially for the Nexus One and Desire. Most phones have an unofficial 2.2 ROM. Even the G1.
The Complex Brewery

Surye

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Radio