Re: The Brewing Network Android App

Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:29 am

TheDarkSide wrote:
RommelMagic wrote:I loaded the BN app on my Droid X and also have the problem with it stopping. Any estimate on an update? Also, slightly off topic, what brewing apps does anyone recommend? I just loaded Brewzor however haven't played with it yet.

I'm listening on the BN app on my regular droid and it hasn't stopped yet. How long did you go before it stopped? Steve Jobs said the Droid X also has issues with the Death Grip....wah.

I have Brewzor and the only other brewing app I have on my Droid is BJCPDroid, which is the style guide. Nice to have it at your fingertips. I tend not to brew with my Droid since I'm confident it will end up in the brew kettle.

The BN app is touch and go. It could go for like half an hour before it stops, or it could go for five minutes. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it. It also seems as though it freezes up - sometimes when I click for it to continue playing, nothing happens. I have to restart the phone to get it going again. Also, when it does restart, it tends to start from the beginning (from when I first started listening) instead of where I left off. Kind of annoying to listen to 40 minutes (or whatever) only to have to listen to it again. Not that it is all that bad but I do have other things I'd like to do.
Ranger, West Point - Hessian Lake Division
Hessian Lake Brewing
Hessian Lake

Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:03 pm

RommelMagic wrote:it freezes up - sometimes when I click for it to continue playing, nothing happens. I have to restart the phone to get it going again. Also, when it does restart, it tends to start from the beginning (from when I first started listening) instead of where I left off. Kind of annoying to listen to 40 minutes (or whatever) only to have to listen to it again. Not that it is all that bad but I do have other things I'd like to do.

Had this problem once too. I just restarted the app and it went current.
Thank you Surey this is awesome. Keep up the good work
BN ARMY!!!
Private First Class: BN Army

"Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin
BrewerBC

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:23 pm

BrewerBC wrote:
RommelMagic wrote:it freezes up - sometimes when I click for it to continue playing, nothing happens. I have to restart the phone to get it going again. Also, when it does restart, it tends to start from the beginning (from when I first started listening) instead of where I left off. Kind of annoying to listen to 40 minutes (or whatever) only to have to listen to it again. Not that it is all that bad but I do have other things I'd like to do.

Had this problem once too. I just restarted the app and it went current.
Thank you Surey this is awesome. Keep up the good work
BN ARMY!!!

But how do you actually stop/close the app? When I hit the phones' menu button, nothing happens. In fact, I think only the "home" button does anything.
Hessian Lake Brewing
Hessian Lake

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:30 pm

New version coming tonight with exit, current episode name, better buffer feedback and hopefully playing as a service. Stay tuned!
The Complex Brewery

Member: AHA, Corporal BN Army.
Equipment: 50qt Cooler MLT, 15gal Brew Kettle, The Dark Star Burner, 2 Tap Kegerator, Immersion Chiller
Surye

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:34 pm

Surye wrote:New version coming tonight with exit, current episode name, better buffer feedback and hopefully playing as a service. Stay tuned!

You're pretty awesome dude. Thank you!!
Hessian Lake Brewing
Hessian Lake

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:06 pm

Surye wrote:New version coming tonight with exit, current episode name, better buffer feedback and hopefully playing as a service. Stay tuned!

Will the download be available at the original location in the first post?
Hessian Lake Brewing
Hessian Lake

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:09 pm

If I get it working to my satisfaction, I'll be posting it to the market and doing updates there and this will be a dev, bug, and announcement thread.
The Complex Brewery

Member: AHA, Corporal BN Army.
Equipment: 50qt Cooler MLT, 15gal Brew Kettle, The Dark Star Burner, 2 Tap Kegerator, Immersion Chiller
Surye

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:54 pm

Surye wrote:If I get it working to my satisfaction, I'll be posting it to the market and doing updates there and this will be a dev, bug, and announcement thread.

You are the man.
Prost! :jnj
Private First Class: BN Army

"Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
-Ben Franklin
BrewerBC

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Radio