The Brewing Network Android App

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:34 pm

Hey Guys,

I wanted something for my phone to stream TBN, and eventually, (EDIT NO chat room support, it's against the bn's terms of service with the chat service), archive support (Grab google listen for now, that might suffice!, and anything else we can think of. I contacted J about this, and he seems excited, and likes the idea. I'm going to have two market versions, one for free, and one for donation, which all the proceeds go to The Brewing Network (my time and development is my donation to TBN, any other money it makes is part of that).

I'm going to do this in my free time, which is pretty limited, and it's my first app on this platform, but I love my Evo 4G (replacing the G1 I loved). I'm going to be doing this Open Source style, if anyone agrees with my distribution plan, and wants to help. I got started last night, and it can currently stream just fine, but while you can pause, you cannot stop the streaming currently, I'll add that soon. It's a rough version, but it's something and it's a start.

:jnj

Here's the info:

Source: https://bitbucket.org/surye/tbn-streamer/src
Market QR Code:
Screenshot:
Last edited by Surye on Wed May 25, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Complex Brewery

Member: AHA, Corporal BN Army.
Equipment: 50qt Cooler MLT, 15gal Brew Kettle, The Dark Star Burner, 2 Tap Kegerator, Immersion Chiller
Surye

Re: The Brewing Network Android App

Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:02 pm

This is awesome.
code
codewritinfool

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:33 pm

I second that. Is it supported for the Droid running 2.1? I tried downloading the APK, allowing downloads from unknown sources, but I'm getting the "Content not supported on this phone" error.
Fermenting
-Lavender Wit
-Black IPA

Conditioning

-Imperial Stout

On Tap
-Belgian Blonde
-Saison
-Altbier
-Belgian Dubbel
-Munich Helles
-APA
mlaw06

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:54 pm

Woot the BN and Android. I'm useless for developing sorry I cant offer you any real help there.
PFC BN Army Southeastern PA Division
http://www.barefootlionbrewing.blogspot.com
BarefootLion

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:31 pm

Sweet! Thanks!
"Despite the high cost of living, it still remains popular"
jomebrew

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:15 pm

ROCK!

I too am an android junkie, glad you've taken on this task!
BadRock
Global Moderator

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:39 am

mlaw06 wrote:I second that. Is it supported for the Droid running 2.1? I tried downloading the APK, allowing downloads from unknown sources, but I'm getting the "Content not supported on this phone" error.

Should work... I will look into it tomorrow. Also, adding better stream control too.

EDIT: I'm guessing it's probably a problem with bitbucket's http headers for the downloads :/ If you select to download anyways (if you can) you can install it using Astro. But this is a hassle, and I'll figure it out on the hosting side, I have plenty of hosting, was just hoping to use bitbucket's.

Also, Use this thread for bug reports, suggestions, and general problems.
The Complex Brewery

Member: AHA, Corporal BN Army.
Equipment: 50qt Cooler MLT, 15gal Brew Kettle, The Dark Star Burner, 2 Tap Kegerator, Immersion Chiller
Surye

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:01 pm

My Droid has 2.1 update1. I getthe same "not compatible" message. :x :cry:
"Despite the high cost of living, it still remains popular"
jomebrew

Next

Return to Beer Radio