Re: Oskar Blues Gordon

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:01 am

I am going to make this next weekend. I had the beer before in CO as I don't think I can get it here in MI and it's great.

I bought a 50 lb bag of Maris Otter and was thinking about using that instead of american 2 row. I know it won't make it a clone, but will the results still be good?

I know MO gives more maltiness, but only having had one can of this beer 6 months ago, I can't try to imagine it with MO instead.... anybody help me out?
JSomps6

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:51 am

So, I know the original episode was 2.5 years ago, but whatever happened to doing a re-brew? I will be brewing this next weekend and was curious as to any recipe changes.
Thanks!
Salut,
James
TorribleBrew

Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:19 pm

James,
No changes to the recipe, brew it up as listed and let us know how it goes!

CYBI re-brew will happen eventually; there's so many other great non re-brews that the show seems to be working through at the moment.
Cheers! Kippis! Skål! Prost!
-Nathan Smith <nate@destroy.net>
Twitter: @nathanhomebrew
nahthan

Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:05 am

Nathan,

Thanks for the reply and kudos for doing a great job the first time around. I look forward to listening. As far as brewing Gordon myself, it will have to wait. Carastan is on back order at LHBS. I decided to go with the CYBI Arrogant clone - take 2.

:jnj
Salut,
James
TorribleBrew

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:13 pm

Nahthan,
Did u guys ever end up sending a bottle over to Dave Chichura at OB? If so what did he have to say about it?

By the way, thanks so much for the clone recipe and the wonderful show. I've been searching and searching for the right recipe to try for my first homebrew and I think this is the one. Between this and Pliny the Elder.

Have you ever had Pliny the Younger? I hear it is outta this world! Now wouldn't that make a great CYBI?

NJ
notzj1701

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:37 am

I know this is a super old post now, but I am planning on brewing this tomorrow (my wife requested it). I cant wait to have an 8.5% beer on tap that she loves, I may even get some again!

I was looking at the water and I am a bit confused and hope someone can chime in.

Do I want to do as little as 6ppm of SO4 and CL, or would it be advantageous to do 50ppm of CA SO4 and Cl?

I will be starting from RO and adding salts.

Thank you so much!
Willys

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:31 am

When and for how long do I dry hop on this beer? Thanks!
bustagb

Previous

Return to Beer Radio