It's Fuckin' Friday!!

Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:50 am

What do y'all have planned for the weekend?

I'm hopefully brewing a Moose Drool clone. I'll also be putting the collar on the kegerator and then have a nice dinner planned with the wife on Saturday night where I'll imbibe some single malt scotch with dinner.
12stones

Re: It's Fuckin' Friday!!

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:25 am

FOOTBALL!!!! Go Pats!!!

I cold crashing me pilsner over the next few days so not ferment space available. I will brew next weekend though (dusseldorf alt).
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:36 am

Gonna put my (hopefully) final extract batch in the fridge to get it to a drinking temp. It's done bottle conditioning, and I want to drink it! Then I'm going to the eye doctor to see if I can still see. (Funky stuff going on with my vision. Gotta get it cleared up so I can brew more beer!)
GilesTH

Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:17 am

No brewing today. Alt beer sitting in the carboy for another week before it gets lagered. Saturday going to a Spokane Chiefs game and the Steamplant brewhouse.

:jnj to the weekend!
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:42 pm

TheDarkSide wrote:FOOTBALL!!!! Go Pats!!!

I cold crashing me pilsner over the next few days so not ferment space available. I will brew next weekend though (dusseldorf alt).

i made a smoked dusseldorf alt last night, didn't have alt yeast so used munich lager
my name is Richard Edward, just call me Dick Ed.
speed

Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:47 pm

Attempting to blend my first gueuze this weekend. Kegging an oktoberfest on Sunday, and brewing up a Maibock on Monday (Thank you Martin Luther King!) all the while hosting visiting family and taking care of my 2 wk old newborn son and 3 yr. old daughter. Should be busy....now if I could just find some time to enjoy the beers I brew! :bnarmy:
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:48 pm

speed wrote:
TheDarkSide wrote:FOOTBALL!!!! Go Pats!!!

i made a smoked dusseldorf alt last night, didn't have alt yeast so used munich lager

That sounds awesome. Is this the first time making it or have you done it before? If you made it before, how did it come out?
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:26 am

Putting together a Ghostbusters proton pack. A 2.5 gallon keg in a backpack with a beer gun for a serving tap. Our brew club has decided to go with a Ghostbusters theme at the upcoming Omaha Extreme Beerfest. We have the Slimer and Marshmallow man costumes already and are in the process of silkscreening logos on the jumpsuits for the four ghostbusters. The ghostbusters will be dispensing beer from their proton packs out there on the floor with the two ghost critters hanging around them while the rest of us, with Ghostbuster/South Omaha Brewers t-shirts, serving a wide variety of extreme beers from conventional corny kegs. Pictures will be posted once this happens.
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Next

Return to Off Topic Stuff