Thanks Code

Wed May 08, 2013 8:50 am

After the forum being down all morning I thought my head might explode! Glad to see we're back up & running.

:jnj:
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Re: Thanks Code

Wed May 08, 2013 8:54 am

I thought it was a terrorist attack. Glad everyone's ok.
hoodie

Wed May 08, 2013 8:58 am

I figured in was Major Jip celebrating a little too hard after his Sharks swept those blasted Canuckleheads.

Oh, and thanks you Code! I feel all :( in my :nutters: when I cant browse the forum in the morning.
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Wed May 08, 2013 10:43 am

The weird error message & user name that it was denying had me checking my machines over and over for a virus. I also found out that my system restore master discs are missing. I've been slacking & haven't done an overhaul in over a year which leads me to believe that my ex stole those too. Stupid cunt wouldn't know what to do with them in the first place. That didn't make my morning go any better. Now I've got to see if Alienware will help me out with a backup set. Kind of worried now that Win8 is out that they might not have the 7 stuff anymore. At least I bought a 3-pack of Win7 & haven't used a copy yet. Hopefully I can still access it. There's no way in hell I'm installing Win8 on anything. It might be time to go back to Linux if I can even remember how. It's probably changed so much since I last used it that my faded memories probably won't even help. If it has, hopefully it hasn't 'evolved' into worthless bullshit the same way Win has.

Edit:

Wow. Now I see why the Alienware community was so pissed when they sold to Dell. I just spent over an hour on the phone, talked with 14 different people (3 of whom had such thick accents I asked to be transferred to someone else because I couldn't understand a word they said) all with different answers. I. Just. Want. My. Discs. The person who I finally got to after wading through all that bullshit confirmed me & my computer's identity & said, sure, we'll send them out right away. Less than a minute. Had it not been for the Indian accent & I got to them immediately, I wouldn't have even noticed Dell was involved.
Last edited by Ozwald on Wed May 08, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Wed May 08, 2013 12:09 pm

Feelings Calendar, Oz.
And, thanks Code.
snowcapt

Wed May 08, 2013 6:46 pm

Well, to be honest, all I did was unlock a bunch of databases. The web host decided to lock all instances of the particular DB server version that more than half the site runs on. They didn't mention it to me.

What would have been a casual migration turned into a crisis today. Now there's a deadline until the old DB servers get shut down for good. Ugh.
code
codewritinfool

Thu May 09, 2013 5:33 am

codewritinfool wrote:Well, to be honest, all I did was unlock a bunch of databases. The web host decided to lock all instances of the particular DB server version that more than half the site runs on. They didn't mention it to me.

What would have been a casual migration turned into a crisis today. Now there's a deadline until the old DB servers get shut down for good. Ugh.

Ahh, stop being so modest. All you did was save our lives :wink: I promise to buy you a beer the next time I'm nearby. Considering I don't leave Montana that might be a while. Swing by sometime :)
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Thu May 09, 2013 6:02 am

codewritinfool wrote:Well, to be honest, all I did was unlock a bunch of databases. The web host decided to lock all instances of the particular DB server version that more than half the site runs on. They didn't mention it to me.

I don't even know what the hell you just said. You mean "waitress" when you say server, right?!
Cheers, code.
snowcapt

Next

Return to Support