Why do I get blocked when trying to advance pages in search?

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:58 pm

Why is it that when I search for something and try to advance to the next page of the search results, I get an error message saying I'm not allowed to use the search function? I'd think the forum settings should be such that it should be easier for people to use the search feature, not more difficult. It's super frustrating to look at one page of results and have to wait however long just to look at the next page of search results.
skibikejunkie

Re: Why do I get blocked when trying to advance pages in sea

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:31 pm

+1, this is super frustrating and it could cut down on the repeat questions that annoy everyone if search is easier to use.
@Day_Brew
PFC - Chicagoland Engineering Div.
_________
Primary: Berliner, RIS (for barrel), Trippel, Wit
Keg: APA, Eng. Brown, Belg. Stout w/ Bourbon Oak, BDS, Brett Experiment
anday6

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:02 pm

I'll let you in on my little secret for finding things on the BN forum. Use Google. Just enter in the search bar on the Google page "site:thebrewingnetwork.com" then whatever you want to search for. It's not as handy as if the forum search here actually worked reliably, but as things stand, it's faster most times.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:24 pm

I run into this when I click "view your posts" to see if there are any new posts in the threads I've posted in. Generally there aren't so a few seconds later I click on "view new posts" to see what's new and I get shut down.

My guess is they have this in place to deter spam bots or to cut down on bandwidth use
Adopt a deaf dog. It will change your life in a positive way

Jamil Zainasheff has a walk in cooler.
Pamela Anderson has a walk in cooter.
San_Diego_Matt

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:30 pm

I don't get it with "View Your" or "View New" unless I try to look at the next page of posts. Also if I try to search for anything.
Spiderwrangler

In the cellar:
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Why do I get blocked when trying to advance pages in search?

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:16 am

The answer is load, once again, though I did adjust some settings for search, give it a go now and let me know how it does.

The forum server is being upgraded soon too and should fix this problem for good. Once that server is upgraded, The BN will have shiny new hardware all around.
code
codewritinfool

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:49 am

codewritinfool wrote:The forum server is being upgraded soon too and should fix this problem for good. Once that server is upgraded, The BN will have shiny new hardware all around.

Sweeeet... as it is I was able to search around enough to learn the Ballad of Villiam the Troll... before my time and one of those things that get's brought up but I wasn't in the know. He had a lot of impact for only 19 forum posts (unless some were deleted), and sounds like a bigger impact in the chat...
Spiderwrangler

In the cellar:
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:26 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
codewritinfool wrote:The forum server is being upgraded soon too and should fix this problem for good. Once that server is upgraded, The BN will have shiny new hardware all around.

Sweeeet... as it is I was able to search around enough to learn the Ballad of Villiam the Troll... before my time and one of those things that get's brought up but I wasn't in the know. He had a lot of impact for only 19 forum posts (unless some were deleted), and sounds like a bigger impact in the chat...

His impact was more chat involved than anything
The only soldier in the BN ARMY with Ink on his legs promoting The Brewing network and BN ARMY. Prost

"The BNA is my therapist." Mickp
Henning1966

Next

Return to Support