NEED HELP WITH MY KEGERATOR!!!

Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:17 pm

I just got a kegerator. I finally put it together which involved a lot of hassle but I don't have any leaks so I went to tap the beer. It is definitely settled...I bought the keg 2 weeks ago and let it sit in the kegerator. I have a 5 foot beer line. I am literally getting nothing but foam. I don't really see any beer going into the beer line from the keg once I tap it....just some foam and beer drizzles. When I pull the faucet....all foam. I actually tried disconnecting the co2 line from the coupler....and STILL the exact same foam line coming out of the faucet which makes me think it's not a pressure thing. Its a steady stream of foam that doesn't really change at all. I don't think it's a temperature or pressure thing? There is no gauge on the kegerator but it is definitely cold...but not frozen but there is ice on the back of the kegerator building up. The lines are not frozen or anything though. I have tried at all different pressures but still the same foam effect. I let 5psi sit for 2 days then I tried it again and the exact same thing happened. It's not a thing where I'm getting too a little too much foam....I am getting all foam. When I take the keg coupler off some beer comes out the keg.....does this mean I have a crappy keg? All the parts of my kegerator are new and I just cleaned all of them after I finally put it all together yesterday. Please help me!!!! If it's just a crappy keg then I'll take it back and try a new one but I feel like this may happen again and that would be the worst because I wouldn't know where to start to get this thing going. The keg is a durafied kegerator I bought on Ebay. I have tried contacted them but they are giving me the run-around. Any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated.

Thanks, Dan
dkiszka

Re: NEED HELP WITH MY KEGERATOR!!!

Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:31 am

Try turning off the gas and venting the keg using the pressure relief valve. If you are adjusting the dissolved CO2 downward, it will take several days and venting cycles.
Quin

Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:44 am

Probably over carbed. Burp that baby everytime you go by it. :shock:
good luck :jnj
snowcapt

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:35 am

Thank you for the replies but I still need help.....PLEASE!!!

I turned off the pressure and burped the keg a bunch of times. I even got a new keg....and still just FOAM. I have about 90% foam and 10% beer. I just cleaned all of my lines. I don't know if maybe the faucet beer line is too warm? I am getting condensation on the outside of the faucet. The tower is padded. I don't know what the problem is. I have a 10 feet of 3/16 beer line and I don't really see any beer in it. I feel like the line is filled with a little foam and mostly co2. I have put my psi up to 20 just to get the beer to not taste flat. Does anyone have any IDEAS!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?! I am dying to get this thing to work....

Thanks,
Dan
dkiszka

Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi, thanks for the suggestions!

I tried to burp the keg and lower the pressure for a few days and it was still instant foam. I got a new keg to make sure it wasn't a crappy keg and it is all foam. I can't figure it out. I'm using 10 feet of 3/16 beer line....I just cleaned all of the lines in the kegerator. I don't have clamps on the co2 hose or the beer line hose but they both don't seem to be leaking and they are really tight on their nozzles. I don't know what temp my fridge is because it doesn't have a thermometer but i am going to try to find out overnight what the temp is....i think it is pretty cold....almost at the max fridge capabilities. The air line is 5/16 diameter....could it be that the co2 is getting back into the beer line somehow? I really would love for any help. I know that even when I turn off the pressure..about the same foam comes out but I haven't tried disconnecting the air line from the coupler in case maybe that's it? I don't really see beer in the line that much (mostly bubbles and foam but no consistent stream) coming out of the keg which makes me think that it can't be the tower not being cold enough. I know everything else is tight in terms of the other parts. When I accidentally disconnected the beer line without untapping the keg first, the beer sprayed out of the keg at a very fast speed....I didn't tap it wrong did I? PLEASE HELP!!!!
dkiszka

Return to Support