I hate age verification on beer websites

Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:51 am

Well, I was just checking out Samuel Adams' website to read more about their Boston Lager, and right from the beginning there is an age verification form. Many beer sites are like this, and it pretty much drives me nuts. Even nuts enough to break out a beer to help me calm down.

I mean, seriously if an underage person wanted to get on the site, all he has to do is put in a bogus birthday. It's not like the webserver has an honesty detector and can tell if you are lying to it.

In the end, is this age verification even worth it? Last time I checked, you have to actually drink beer to get drunk.

Is there some upcoming law or something that is requiring this age verification stuff, or are the brewing companies just doing this to somehow cover their asses?

If somebody has some insight into this, that'd be cool. If not, then you must agree with me that the age verification stuff is retarded.

- joe
trans

Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:21 pm

I agree. I hate those things.

There is only one answer....

Travis
A very silly place... http://yarnzombie.net/Travis/

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
-Dave Barry
Lufah

Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:26 am

My sentiments exactly! makes me want to say shit and damn and poop everytime I see them.

Justin
Brewcaster J

Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:14 am

:evil: Somewhere a jury of idiots (your peers) believed the horse shit (legalease) of a shark lawyer who got paid. You can put your money on it, if it is really stupid and counter intuitive there is a case# associated with it. (Rant Over) :roll:
We don't know why Beer-Drinking-Rodents develope fewer tumors. Follow up studies must be done. Dr. Richard Neilson University of Illinoise, 1986
popester

Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:11 am

Yeah no matter how old I get I'm always 21 on those sites. It feels good to be young again if only for a moment!
Peace!
pvignola

Return to General Beer Related