Re: Bad Taste Attack ?

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:04 pm

$20, and that is my final offer.
Dmac08

Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:30 pm

Dubba_Brew wrote:Because he posted the same thing in four different sections... :crazybitch:

Fail.
Live and Learn. Then get drunk and forget it all.
On Tap: Naughty Monk 12 - BDS, Redemption Brown, Silver City's Big Daddy's ESB
ColdBraue

Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:44 pm

mountain brew wrote:Advanced Brewers -give me your thoughts. I have made several dozen batches, all turning out good. However, My last two batches came out with a vinegary, metallic or yucky aftertaste. The aroma is quite good. The first batch was an all grain, so i made the next one with DME. Looking at what I did differently, I m not sure since I expand on every 'next' batch. So i reviewed the basic reasons and all seem to clear. One thing I think is different , I made a screen in my boil pot out of those frying pan covers, two sandwiched together, saucer shaped with the drain tube in the center. ( i.e, trying to filter as much debris as possible, this is not the plastice false bottom in the igloo tun mind you). I wonder if the screen is giving off a bad flavor into the brew. It is not present after the initial boil, maybe comes out later. The fermenting seems to be normal, good action, stored cool, didnt open it, single fermenting 2 months. No slime or visual indication of contamination. Body looks good, just tis taste - undrinkable even with the aromas and flavor of a nice brew. It's this extra taste that is discouraging. Anyone have any experience with screen or equipment as a culprit ? Anyone want a bottle to see what I mean ?

testo@cableone.net

El mergo posto.
Gucci Pilot

Previous

Return to General Beer Related