2nd Homebrew Club

Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:29 pm

I've been a BN listener since 2006. Enlisted in the BNArmy in 2011. Last week I attended my first local homebrew club meeting with the Temecula Valley Homebrewers Association. It was their summer "fun" meeting, so there was only about 10 minutes of business wrapped inside a couple hours of eating and drinking.

I kept pretty quiet, but did manage to get in on the monthly raffle. They had two beer giveaways: a Stone 4th Anniversary Ale, and a 2002 Stone Old Guardian Barleywine. I missed out on both of those, but struck gold on the third prize...a new refractometer! :D

TVHA may not welcome me back next month after scoring a $100 prize on my first visit, but I'm gonna try anyway! If all else fails I still have my trust BNArmy! :jnj
:bnarmy: Corporal – SoCal Division, Inland Empire Platoon

On tap: Nada
Conditioning: Nada
Fermenting: Mexican Lager
Planned: Doppelbock or Weizenbock, Oatmeal Stout, DIPA
santamarina

Re: 2nd Homebrew Club

Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:40 pm

I'm sure they will be fine. I'm not sure if I would attend a club meeting during one of their summer/Christmas parties without going to a couple meetings first, but that's just me.

Bring a kickass beer next meeting and I'm sure all will be forgiven.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:47 am

santamarina wrote:TVHA may not welcome me back next month after scoring a $100 prize on my first visit, but I'm gonna try anyway!

I'd think they'd be more pissed if you didn't come back... the precious refract gifted to a stranger they only met once.

TheDarkSide wrote:I'm sure they will be fine. I'm not sure if I would attend a club meeting during one of their summer/Christmas parties without going to a couple meetings first, but that's just me.

Bring a kickass beer next meeting and I'm sure all will be forgiven.

+1
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:42 pm

Had I known it was their "summer party" I wouldn't have gone, however their website didn't mention it...or that it was at a different location. My buddy and I showed up at their normal meeting place and we were quickly directed to the alternate venue. It took us a couple months of trying to clear our calendars to get to this meeting so we weren't about to let a location change deter us.

I'm paying my dues and joining the club, so I'll be a legit prize winner!
:bnarmy: Corporal – SoCal Division, Inland Empire Platoon

On tap: Nada
Conditioning: Nada
Fermenting: Mexican Lager
Planned: Doppelbock or Weizenbock, Oatmeal Stout, DIPA
santamarina

Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:30 pm

congrats and don't worry. If they are anything like my club guys, then they won't give a shit! Thats what raffles are all about!
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Return to General Beer Related